Diesel Place banner

P0101

Question: 
6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JBoutfishn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Searched for information on Mass Air Sensor on the LB7 Duramax. Lots of information but the issue I am experiencing is not covered. Hope the brain trust here can help me out.

My 2002 is totally stock and is throwing the P0101 code. I replaced the air filter. When the code is on the truck runs well. A few seconds after clearing the code the truck smokes heavily. The smoke clears with a few hits on the throttle and runs normally. Within a few miles the code returns.

Replacing the Mass Air Flow sensor changed nothing. Could find no air leaks, cables look good.

All comments appreciated.

Jim

#3 ·
Replaced with an ACDelco one? These trucks seem to prefer ACDelco sensors over 3rd party ones.

Just as a random sample of one, I replaced the MAF sensor on my truck with a new one from NAPA (forget the brand name), it worked, but when it got cold out (below -10C or so), I would periodically get a P0101 code. Replaced it with a used ACDelco one from a parts truck I have, haven't got that code again, even when it gets down to -35C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.