LBZ BUILD 06 LBZ to Denali HD - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2018, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
1KAllan90
Heat Sink

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

06 LBZ to Denali HD

I owned a 07 Denali Classic 6.0L LQ9 - It had a 3" lift kit, 2500 Leaf Springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Volant Cold Air Intake, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust. It was an amazing truck when I was young and didn't use it as a truck. Eventually I realized that a gas 1500 is not very useful if you try to use it for much work.

So the search for a fully loaded LML/LBZ for a reasonable price - this is apparently impossible. When I found one it was a base model with 220000kms but was a decent price.

SOOO...........cab swap it is. I swapped the cab, wired in - 4wd, airbag sensors, tapshift shifter for allison, and more to the gas cab, fixed the box rust, had to fix a brake line, undercoated frame and box underside, painted, raptor liner the bottom, 5" MBRP stainless exhaust - tig welded together, 3" MBRP downpipe, AFE Intake, Air Box Mod.

Yeah I did this all for a sunroof.......must have too much time on my hands.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07 Denali (12).JPG (256.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DenaliLBZ Project (18).jpg (99.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DenaliLBZ Project (19).jpg (81.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DenaliLBZ Project (2).jpg (82.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0390.jpg (92.4 KB, 5 views)
2006 Sierra Denali 3500 - Personally Tuned With Efi Live, 5" MBRP Stainless Downpipe Back Exhaust, 3" MBRP Downpipe, AFE Dry Filter, AirBox Mod, PPE Fuel Rail Fittings, PPE Shim Kit, PPE Fuel Tank Pickup, Airdog2 200GPH, Fleece Injection Pump Fuel Fittings,

2015 Cruze Diesel - PPEI Tuned, OzTuner Downpipe/EGR Delete Kit, Custom 2.5" Exhaust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in