6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands! - Page 9 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Got questions? Ask here and Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #81 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
I would install a fresh OPS with that new lift pump.

1995 trucks need the OPS relay mod installed to help take the electrical load off of the OPS.
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...di-trucks.html
Thanks for the reply! Everything makes sense now I read that thread you linked me. I did not know that when cranking the truck the ECM sends power to the Lift pump. When started the OPS takes over. I measured the voltage on the LP while a buddy of mine cranked the truck... So it probably never received enough/any power while running.. Makes total sense now. Will order a new OPS tomorrow and I'll work on that relay mod after, thanks!

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Problem solved! Replaced the OPS today and it solved the problem! I made the custom socket for it myself cutting a socket in half, then welding a piece of tube in between. When tightening the OPS down I couldn't get the threads all the way in, I'm scared that if I tighten it any more it might break. Is this normal? For as far as I can see it doesn't leak and it works fine. Thank you all for all the tips and suggestions, helped me out loads!!

Old 02-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thijmen156 View Post
Problem solved! Replaced the OPS today and it solved the problem! I made the custom socket for it myself cutting a socket in half, then welding a piece of tube in between. When tightening the OPS down I couldn't get the threads all the way in, I'm scared that if I tighten it any more it might break. Is this normal? For as far as I can see it doesn't leak and it works fine. Thank you all for all the tips and suggestions, helped me out loads!!
Be sure to install that OPS relay mod or you will be back in the same situation again.
The relay mod takes the electrical load off of the OPS
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #84 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
Be sure to install that OPS relay mod or you will be back in the same situation again.
The relay mod takes the electrical load off of the OPS
Will most likely start on that tomorrow, thanks!
Old 02-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Today I did the OPS relay mod, very simple and works like a charm! I do feel like the pump keeps running for a bit longer when I shut the engine off since I installed the relay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 19.49.03.jpg (73.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-13-2018, 04:37 PM   #86 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Looks a little wet on top of the fuel filter - is that from you bleeding off air or is it leaking just a tad?

1998 K3500 CrewCab 4x4 DRW Turbo Diesel SOLD

#1162 Dually Club
Old 02-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #87 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post
Looks a little wet on top of the fuel filter - is that from you bleeding off air or is it leaking just a tad?
Yeah when bleeding the hose got undone and diesel sprayed everywhere, engine bay gonna need a good cleaning haha! Can't see whether it leaks anywhere or not since everything is still wet. I don't drive the truck ATM so no biggie. Will defo give it a good clean and check for any leaks before driving.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:14 PM   #88 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

The next thing I'm looking to do is undercoat my truck.
I think I'll do as followed

1: Use POR-15 rust preventive coating
2: Use a good epoxy primer that will adhere well (not sure which one any suggestions are more than welcome)
3: Finish with a layer or 2 of BedLiner (was thinking U-POL Raptor, but suggestions welcome)
I want to respray my bumpers with the same bedliner to give it a more agressive look, I don't like the chrome and feel like it looks off with my truck being black. I'll go for a black bedliner for the bumpers and a tintable bedliner for the undercoating to let the chassis and control arms etcc stand out more. Would be cool to hear your feedback on what color would look good with the color of my truck, I was thinking maybe a darker / bordeaux red?

The next thing I'll do is weld a custom light bar / bed rack. I literally don't know where to start with this, I have some idea in my head but suggestions and pictures would be very helpful. I cannot seem to find a lot of pictures on google, maybe 'bed rack' isn't the correct name? (language barrier ) I included a picture to show what I mean.

Also a friend of mine is going to the states in a few days, and he will bring back the new fenders and extended cab bottom pieces so I can FINALLY make the truck 100% rust free. I will get these welded in and painted together with the front-grille to get rid of all the chrome, which in my opinion doesn't suite the truck.

Depending on what my budget this year will allow me to spend on the truck the next step is gonna be the lift kit. Still debating between a few brands but at least I found some available for my truck thanks to you guys .
In addition to the lift I am looking into wheels&tires lately and was wondering if it's possible to put 35" mud tires on my stock 16" steel dually rims? Obviously I'll get them widened and might even convert to single rear wheels about the same width as the stock dual's, that is, if possible and 'safe enough' not to mess up the entire geometry of the truck and/or mess up the handling completely.
I wouldn't know how to put wider rear wheels on without them hitting each other and the leaf springs, even with spacers I think the width I could go would be limited and would look crooked compared the the width I could do in the front. I'm really breaking my head over this so all feedback's more than welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raptor-rack.jpg (95.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Thijmen156; 02-19-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #89 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Here are some lighting examples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old style.jpg (27.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg multi led.jpg (57.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg lightbar.jpg (32.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg led.jpg (240.3 KB, 3 views)
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #90 (permalink)
1967KaiserM715
Diesel Pro

I'd forget bedlining the frame, if your not perfect with application, and make sure it is 100% rust free, and 100% coverage and 100% adhesion, you'll end up losing the frame before you even realize it's even rusted. Bed liner has its place, and doing things like floorboards and rockers are ok, but a frame I would rather see any damage and spot treat as needed.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

1991 GMC K2500 6.2L NA W/ 4L80E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in