6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands! - Page 8 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Got questions? Ask here and Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 02:29 AM   #71 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Dang! Where's the GoPro video? No pics at least?

Cold enough to snow here, but only in the mountains so far.

1998 K3500 CrewCab 4x4 DRW Turbo Diesel SOLD

#1162 Dually Club
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post
Dang! Where's the GoPro video? No pics at least?

Cold enough to snow here, but only in the mountains so far.
I was gonna make a GoPro video. But you're not gonna believe this. I was planning on making the gopro vid today since we got an additional 4" of snow today. Yesterday evening around 8PM doorbell rings. Cops... Someone actually called the cops on me for towing a sled behind my truck with a few mates on a deserted piece of grass in the middle of nowhere.. They also started threatening me to revoke my license if they'd spot me drifting in the snow anywhere... This **** is starting to get old 'Funny' thing is I livee in one of the least crowded areas of my country, if I'd do it in the middle of a city I'd somewhat understand. But come on, I was in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't private property either.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thijmen156 View Post
I was gonna make a GoPro video. But you're not gonna believe this. I was planning on making the gopro vid today since we got an additional 4" of snow today. Yesterday evening around 8PM doorbell rings. Cops... Someone actually called the cops on me for towing a sled behind my truck with a few mates on a deserted piece of grass in the middle of nowhere.. They also started threatening me to revoke my license if they'd spot me drifting in the snow anywhere... This **** is starting to get old 'Funny' thing is I livee in one of the least crowded areas of my country, if I'd do it in the middle of a city I'd somewhat understand. But come on, I was in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't private property either.
Early evening visit by the po-po...something no one wants!

Normally I'd be on your side about getting hassled about playing in the snow a little...but towing people behind a vehicle is a in any country!

That will be one of those things you look back upon when you get older and go ...yeah...that's something I shouldn't have been doing!

#1162 Dually Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #74 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Replacing my discs. Does anybody know the amount of torque for these nuts (picture included).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 754E3814-7F52-48EB-8931-C7C8DC906129_1513776023942.jpeg (2.00 MB, 15 views)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #75 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Replacing my discs. Does anybody know the amount of torque for these nuts (picture included).
Torque Specs for most everything is listed in the FAQ:
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3036559-post2.html
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #76 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
Torque Specs for most everything is listed in the FAQ:
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3036559-post2.html
Thanks!

1 side done, at least that is what I thought until I found out I forgot to put the rotor shield back in between . Totally my stupid fault. At first I thought it wouldn't be an issue but now the rotor is barely touching the metal, so have to take it all apart tomorrow... Hopefully the rotor will come off easier than the old one.
Finished the other side, just to find out the piston in the brake caliper doesn't wanna be pushed back.. Gonna have to try with some more force tomorrow, hopefully it'll budge, if not I'm gonna have to order new brake calipers and wait 2 weeks for them to arrive..
Old 12-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #77 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Thanks!

1 side done, at least that is what I thought until I found out I forgot to put the rotor shield back in between . Totally my stupid fault. At first I thought it wouldn't be an issue but now the rotor is barely touching the metal, so have to take it all apart tomorrow... Hopefully the rotor will come off easier than the old one.
Finished the other side, just to find out the piston in the brake caliper doesn't wanna be pushed back.. Gonna have to try with some more force tomorrow, hopefully it'll budge, if not I'm gonna have to order new brake calipers and wait 2 weeks for them to arrive..
Do yourself a favor - since you're not driving rig right now...replace the calipers, and brake lines while you're doing it. Yeah, you'll have to bleed the brakes but that's not that bad.

Re-check your front hubs too...shame to do all that work and have a bad hub(s) and have to do it all again.

Of course replacing hubs isn't cheap or easy but they do wear out.

#1162 Dually Club
Old 02-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #78 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

It's been a while! Today I started on the truck's fuel problem. Dropped the tank, disconnected all fuel lines and cleaned them. Ran the fuel pump in a bucket with diesel to make sure there was nothing clogged in the sending unit, still not a drop at the t-valve.. Ended up removing the entire FFM, and did a bench test from the fuel tank with the lines and 12v from a spare battery. For some reason I DO get pressure at the hose to the t-valve now... That means the pump should give plenty of pressure, so I think for some reason the pump doesn't get continuous 12v. I did measure before with the engine running and it did get 12v at the meter so I'm confused.. Maybe some idiot tampered with the wires to the pump sometime and connected them the wrong way? Meaning the wires measure 12v but don't drive the pump? I'm gonna reinstall everything and run the pump directly from the battery, see what happens..
Old 02-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #79 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Ha! Just reinstalled the entire system except the fuel tank, this time ran the lift pump from my spare battery, works like a charm! I had a buddy of mine run the pump on the battery, while I bled the fuel filter with the T-valve. Then started the truck still with my buddy running the lift pump from the spare battery, truck started immediately. Opened T-valve and a nice steady flow came out, had it open for like 2 minutes and the truck ran without a single sputter!
Guess I'll have to find a way to bypass the oil pressure switch and power the pump directly from a wire with power while ignition on.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #80 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

I would install a fresh OPS with that new lift pump.

1995 trucks need the OPS relay mod installed to help take the electrical load off of the OPS.
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...di-trucks.html

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in