6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands! - Page 7 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Got questions? Ask here and Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
The AC/Delco EP 158 is the lift pump of choice if you can find one in your area.
It has a slightly better fuel flow as reported here in the forum
I ended up buying the 158 like you suggested. Just replaced it, bled the fuel system and did the t-valve test again like you described. Last time it ran for 11 seconds and then died, this time it ran f or 22 seconds before it died. Still no fuel came out of the T-valve though. Next step will be dropping the tank and replacing the 'sock'.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thijmen156 View Post
I ended up buying the 158 like you suggested. Just replaced it, bled the fuel system and did the t-valve test again like you described. Last time it ran for 11 seconds and then died, this time it ran f or 22 seconds before it died. Still no fuel came out of the T-valve though. Next step will be dropping the tank and replacing the 'sock'.
Verify you have 12v. electrical power going to the lift pump.
I would remove the FFM, clean it and then blow some compressed air through the water in fuel drain line, with the T valve open, to clear any possible blockage.

If you replace the tank sock, only use AC/Delco #TS 1012

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Last edited by OkDually; 11-13-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Verify you have 12v. electrical power going to the lift pump.
I would remove the FFM, clean it and then blow some compressed air through the water in fuel drain line, with the T valve open, to clear any possible blockage.

If you replace the tank sock, only use AC/Delco #TS 1012
Thanks, I do indeed have 12v, measured this before.
Will do these steps next. Truck is in lockup until Februari so can't do a testdrive unfortunately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
I'm in a bit of a financial struggle lately so unfortunately not able to do a lot. Yesterday the stuttering came back also. Gonna test my lift pump asap.
Also the truck is gonna go in lockup tomorrow since they started using salt on the roads. Will probably stay in the lockup until the end of February, then finally the big mods are gonna come
1 more season of salt aint gonna do anymore damage than already done - besides if that things a 4x4 its more fun in the snow!

I drove CJ5 jeeps for 30+ years...the absolute funnest road vehicle in the snow ever! But these Big Old Chevys are snow eating machines in 4x4 mode go have some fun!

1998 K3500 CrewCab 4x4 DRW Turbo Diesel SOLD

#1162 Dually Club
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 PM   #65 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post
Quote:
I'm in a bit of a financial struggle lately so unfortunately not able to do a lot. Yesterday the stuttering came back also. Gonna test my lift pump asap.
Also the truck is gonna go in lockup tomorrow since they started using salt on the roads. Will probably stay in the lockup until the end of February, then finally the big mods are gonna come [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.dieselplace.com//forum/images/smilies/bigglasses.gif[/IMG]
1 more season of salt aint gonna do anymore damage than already done - besides if that things a 4x4 its more fun in the snow!

I drove CJ5 jeeps for 30+ years...the absolute funnest road vehicle in the snow ever! But these Big Old Chevys are snow eating machines in 4x4 mode go have some fun!
Haha I feel you man, but I don?t think we?re getting any snow this year.. And if we get any it?s only a few inches at most. On top of that my country is full of people that feel the need to be bitching against one another, so if I go snowing with the thing I probably won?t even last 10 minutes before cops show up because some asshole called them (this literally happened last year when I took my Chevy Van snowing on an empty parking lot). On top of that I pay a rediculous sum of ?230 (to be raised to ?255 in 2018) (around $280) a MONTH in road taxes. Hate my country and it?s people haha! So yeah I really need these few months to save some cash to be able to get the lift installed before spring. Bought an old beater which I could always take snowing, that is if we get any haha
Old 12-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #66 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Took the truck out of lockup since my beater winter-car died. The fuel problem seems to be gone! Nevertheless I will clean out the fuel tank/lines in the Spring.
Ordered new brake-discs and pads to solve the 'jerking' while braking. Had the exact same prob on my Chevy Van and new discs solved it. The rotors on these vehicles seem to bend pretty quick.. I also ordered something fun which hopefully will come in next Saturday as well as the rotors and pads.

When all is installed I'm gonna have to start looking for a shop that is able to do a proper alignment, since the truck pulls to the right when driving, and to the left when applying the brakes.

The lift kit might take longer than expected since I'm having difficulties transporting it, and I refuse to pay an additional 1k on taxes and import rights. So I think I will start with some towing mirrors and additional lights instead.
Also unfortunately cracked my right-rear fender, backed up into a pole I couldn't see, so gonna have to fix that too in Spring..

Last edited by Thijmen156; 12-07-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #67 (permalink)
MrMarty51
Diesel Fanatic

Move over to Eastern Montana. Not many people and We all are snow crazy.
Those road taxes You have are insane, here the road tax is made up in the price of fuel, not any wheres near as much as You are paying.
4:10 gears
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #68 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarty51 View Post
Move over to Eastern Montana. Not many people and We all are snow crazy.
Those road taxes You have are insane, here the road tax is made up in the price of fuel, not any wheres near as much as You are paying.
Man, I wish.. If one day I get the opportunity and funds to move I won't hesitate a second. Road taxes are beyond insane here indeed. Not to mention that gas and Diesel are probably twice as expensive here as well, $5,55 a gallon for diesel, and $7,20 a gallon of Gas..
Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #69 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Diesel $2.53
Gasoline $2.19

In my local area
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Old 12-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #70 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Diesel $2.53
Gasoline $2.19

In my local area
Wow, what a difference haha! Unreal!
So against all odds, we got snow yesterday! And quite a bit for our standards. And I have to admit you all are right, this thing is a beast in the snow! In 2wd itís almost impossible not to slide, yet in 4wd, damn what a grip compared to other cars! This thing just sticks to the road. But when you hit the accelerator good in 4wd this thing drifts like crazy, and pretty easy to control too! Had some crazy fun yesterday haha now letís hope no one called the cops on me. I did notice that my fuel problem is still there tho when drifting, it asks for alot of fuel and if I keep doing donuts it dies down due to lack of fuel.. oh well was gonna drop the tank anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in