6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands! - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Got questions? Ask here and Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post
Might be cheaper to move to where the parts are

I'd suspect you'll want to save up and purchase a partial container ship the lift kit etc all together.

Maybe check with the place you bought the truck from - see if they get routine parts shipped over in a container from the states..maybe you can piggy back on one of theirs?
Haha trust me if i'd have the chance to move to the USA I wouldn't hesitate

That might be an idea, depends on the ETA obviously. Thanks for the suggestion

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #32 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

So a pretty ****ty problem occurred yesterday. When pulling up on the main road the truck began stuttering around 50 mp/h when I was accelerating.
Further investigated the problem and it seems when I give it about 3/4 of throttle for a good amount of time, it begins to sputter after say 10 seconds or so. When I floor it from a standstill or moving it runs fine, no stuttering at all. So it only stutters when giving it a lot of throttle for a good amount of time. No black smoke whatsoever, so I instantly thought about lack of fuel.

Checked the fuel filter, doesn't look bad, put it back in and the problem was gone... for a day. I already ordered a new filter today just to be sure but I'm afraid it was just coincidence.
Also jumped the lift pump which works fine and fulls up the filter pretty quick.
Checked the lift pump relay, which has power. Only one thing I'm a little bit concerned about. When I crank it the relay gets power on the 2nd power input, which is good, however I'm pretty sure when I put the truck on ignition it should get a 2 second 'crank' on the power input, which it doesn't. Also I do not hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when put on ignition.

Is this normal or could this be my problem?

Old 10-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Check or replace the screen manager down inside of the bottom of the FFM.

That small screen is often forgotten about.

Try running with the fuel cap loose and see if anything changes
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Last edited by OkDually; 10-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
Check or replace the screen manager down inside of the bottom of the FFM.

That small screen is often forgotten about.

Try running with the fuel cap loose and see if anything changes
Legend! Will try that asap!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
1967KaiserM715
Diesel Pro

Could do a lift pump test. But probably best after checking filter condition. Should be able to run truck at idle for 30+ seconds with drain valve open. Any stuttering and the lift pump is weak, not able to supply ample fuel for all conditions.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

1991 GMC K2500 6.2L NA W/ 4L80E
Old 10-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #36 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967KaiserM715 View Post
Could do a lift pump test. But probably best after checking filter condition. Should be able to run truck at idle for 30+ seconds with drain valve open. Any stuttering and the lift pump is weak, not able to supply ample fuel for all conditions.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Where is the drain valve located? Is it the round thing on top of the fuel filter?
Old 10-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thijmen156 View Post
Where is the drain valve located? Is it the round thing on top of the fuel filter?
The round thing on the fuel filter is called the bleed cap.
It allows you to remove air from the filter manager
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...ml#post8434074

The T Valve is located up by the oil filler tube on the front of the engine
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...ml#post8503865
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
deejaaa
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
The T Valve is located up by the oil filler tube on the front of the engine
it's the brass valve with a skinny silver handle. the fuel line runs from the bottom of the FFM. you can trace it if it's not in the usual spot. it's always hard to open by hand. i usually replace it with a newer valve.
you might want to consider moving the FFM to the fender. will make maintenance easier, esp leaks, which you will have eventually.
"Member #1 of The A$$h0le Club" Your signature is most appropriate.
Black 93 1 ton crew cab, fuel/boost gauge, spin-on pre-FFM filter, 6.5 stock, 30 gal bed mounted tank,soon to be siphon tank, w/Goldenrod on feed, brought home 9/4/08, Turbo that starts with A, OEM crossover, quad headlights, reskinned door cards/headliner, 2 power-ports on lower dash, hour-meter, 235/85R16LT tires, GV unit(2K rpm at 68 mph w/4:10's), TCI EZ-TCU 4L80, working on DD Radio install, OEM tank removed but soon replaced.
Proud Member #11 of the 3500 CC LB SRW Club
Member #1 of The A$$h0le Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by subclatter View Post
...get it under control or someone might cave in your head someday.....People get killed everyday because of attitudes like yours. All it takes is running into the wrong person at the wrong time. You shoot off your mouth and they shoot off your head and suddenly you're pushing up daisies.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
steakman
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Seeing as Im an Exported Ductchman m'self (came to Canada in '57) ...I just had to see what kind of a loon would buy a 2500/3500 Dually in Holland...LOL.! AWESOME..!!

My question is this...where the hell do ya park it.?? Seems to me the biggest vehicle on the roads there is a Smart Car...

Anyway - Very Cool...I can just see the other 15 million other loons (am one myself of course), wondering the same thing as you drive by.!! Most have likely never seen such a beast.

Not knowing much about the 6.2/6.5 Motors although I did have company 93 6.2...I'll stay outa this thread and just watch..!

Cheers, (tot zeins) - my written dutch is lousy as is my verbal...was 5 when we left.
Theo
355,090 miles (571,465km)..
Orig: Injectors/cp3
HG's - ARP Studs: Sep '15..

Pulling a 2003 Canadian Built - Citation 26RKS 5th Wheel

Alberta Coal Roller Member Numero Uno

Old 10-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #40 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakman View Post
Seeing as Im an Exported Ductchman m'self (came to Canada in '57) ...I just had to see what kind of a loon would buy a 2500/3500 Dually in Holland...LOL.! AWESOME..!!

My question is this...where the hell do ya park it.?? Seems to me the biggest vehicle on the roads there is a Smart Car...

Anyway - Very Cool...I can just see the other 15 million other loons (am one myself of course), wondering the same thing as you drive by.!! Most have likely never seen such a beast.

Not knowing much about the 6.2/6.5 Motors although I did have company 93 6.2...I'll stay outa this thread and just watch..!

Cheers, (tot zeins) - my written dutch is lousy as is my verbal...was 5 when we left.
Theo
Hi Theo,

That is awesome! What a small world we live in haha.
Parking is a b*tch sometimes, but it keeps things interesting. The people watching with open mouths when i squeeze my bigass truck into the tiniest parking spot at the grocery store never gets old!
A lot of times I have to park over the curb because the parking spaces are too short, so my entire hood sticks out. At the spot where I park my truck at home the curb has sunk into the ground a good 3" from me driving up and down it If i keep it up there will be no curb left at the end of the year!

Okay so I changed my diesel filter today and put a new lift pump relay in, my old one has been tampered with (lids broken off).
The problem SEEMS to be gone so far! But I suspect the lift pump being weak, or a clogged filter in the fuel tank itself. When I opened up the bleeder screw on top of the diesel filter, and jumped my lift pump, it did a few sputters and started dripping out, not a lot of pressure at all if you ask me.
So just to be sure I ordered a new lift pump today, so when the problem comes back I can replace it and test the pressure again. Was gonna detach the pump from the line coming from my tank and supply diesel from an external container and check the pressure again, just to rule out the pump, but I don't really wanna touch it now the problem seems to be gone.

Thanks for all the tips guys you helped out a lot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in