6.5 BUILD 1995 Chevy K3500 Dually Build in The Netherlands! - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Got questions? Ask here and Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkDually View Post
The side marker indicator in the fender is not Stock from GM.
It appears that your country requires that type of side marker indicator which would only activate with the use of the turn signal.
Aaah that explains a lot, thanks! As far as the front indicators they should be stock now? That is when I replace the bulb for an amber one obviously. And what about the little front outer indicators? (Picture included) are they stock? And should they be lit when my lights are on?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2ACF1E18-E041-45F0-A71A-08AEC8FA8B5E_1507131653453.jpg (50.4 KB, 11 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thijmen156 View Post
Aaah that explains a lot, thanks! As far as the front indicators they should be stock now? That is when I replace the bulb for an amber one obviously. And what about the little front outer indicators? (Picture included) are they stock? And should they be lit when my lights are on?
Both front indicators in the US will be amber color.
The outer indicators are called corner markers or side markers in the US and they will stay lit with the headlights until you activate the turn signal.
Then the individual marker will blink according to which way you activate the turn signal.

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2017, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
deejaaa
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Australia has the same requirement.
"Member #1 of The A$$h0le Club" Your signature is most appropriate.
Black 93 1 ton crew cab, fuel/boost gauge, spin-on pre-FFM filter, 6.5 stock, 30 gal bed mounted tank,soon to be siphon tank, w/Goldenrod on feed, brought home 9/4/08, Turbo that starts with A, OEM crossover, quad headlights, reskinned door cards/headliner, 2 power-ports on lower dash, hour-meter, 235/85R16LT tires, GV unit(2K rpm at 68 mph w/4:10's), TCI EZ-TCU 4L80, working on DD Radio install, OEM tank removed but soon replaced.
Proud Member #11 of the 3500 CC LB SRW Club
Member #1 of The A$$h0le Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by subclatter View Post
...get it under control or someone might cave in your head someday.....People get killed everyday because of attitudes like yours. All it takes is running into the wrong person at the wrong time. You shoot off your mouth and they shoot off your head and suddenly you're pushing up daisies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2017, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! The Cali-plate is originally from a Chevy Van from a friend of mine in Cali.
I forgot the picture of the rust patch, thanks for mentioning!
I was hoping the doors would still be saveable. Oh well, i?ll see how long they last in Dutch-weather haha!
As far as I know the truck hasn?t been lifted, I don?t see any blocks on the rear, maybe an extra leaf but that?d be it. I have always loved the look of lifted trucks, hence it will be one of the first things I?ll do. As far as I know of I?ll be the only one in my country with a lifted Dually, which makes it even better. I don?t really ?need? the truck for work or towing or anything. Regelations in my country don?t allow me to load/tow that much without a trucker license... For me it?s a child dream and more of a hobby.
I definately see your point that for a hauler/tower it wouldn?t be so practical haha!
Grin - I got it, not a working truck - more for fun!

Your truck has some kind of lift, that's not stock ride height for the body..maybe just a body lift was done?

That's some nice rust repairs on the cab someone else did for you!

Lucky for you though that patch panel from LMC is cheap..50.00 and some and that's fixed!

With the rust I've seen so far, I'd suggest before you spend a bunch of money on a lift kit tires and wheels to do a really detailed inspection of the frame and related systems - just to make sure its strong and ready to go.

The frame,

* I'd be looking for rusted out mounting points, or other weak spots, cracks in the frame.
* Check the frame up around where the steering box mounts etc.
* Rusted or soon to be rusted out brake lines (common problem)
* Carrier Bearing and drivelines probably not a big issue if you're going with a
lift you'll need to do something there anyway.

.. these are things I think I'd fix before doing a lift kit - think safety first, then the goodies!

1998 K3500 CrewCab 4x4 DRW Turbo Diesel SOLD

#1162 Dually Club
Old 10-05-2017, 01:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
It will probably take around 2 to 3 months for me to get the lift kit and front end components here, since I wanna order it all in one go to save on transport costs.
In the meantime I will keep doing minor modifications to keep things interesting.
E.g. Towing mirrors, LED taillights, light bar and some working lamps.
I installed some GenIV styled towing mirrors on my 2002...after which I kicked myself in the @zz for not attempting on my 1998!

My Towing Mirror Swap

The other thing you will want to do is figure out how to stuff a Double Din radio..maybe will fit in your console...and get a nice touch screen and backup camera.

My Kenwood Stereo and Backup Camera install

Cameras are dirt cheap the camera I installed was 30.00 + 15.00 for a wireless transmitter, I spent 5x more on the spoiler I mounted the camera to!

The BU camera is easily the best safety feature I've ever added! And although you think you won't be towing much..if you do you'll appreciate the BU camera. I just hooked up to my car trailer to move it and nailed the ball placement the very first attempt by myself - PRICELESS!

#1162 Dually Club
Old 10-05-2017, 05:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post

Grin - I got it, not a working truck - more for fun!

Your truck has some kind of lift, that's not stock ride height for the body..maybe just a body lift was done?

That's some nice rust repairs on the cab someone else did for you!

Lucky for you though that patch panel from LMC is cheap..50.00 and some and that's fixed!

With the rust I've seen so far, I'd suggest before you spend a bunch of money on a lift kit tires and wheels to do a really detailed inspection of the frame and related systems - just to make sure its strong and ready to go.

The frame,

* I'd be looking for rusted out mounting points, or other weak spots, cracks in the frame.
* Check the frame up around where the steering box mounts etc.
* Rusted or soon to be rusted out brake lines (common problem)
* Carrier Bearing and drivelines probably not a big issue if you're going with a
lift you'll need to do something there anyway.

.. these are things I think I'd fix before doing a lift kit - think safety first, then the goodies!
Thanks for the reply! I?ll check out the things you mentioned, thanks! I have to say when I checked underneath before buying the truck, there was very little rust on the frame/bottom.
I will be ordering that patch panel asap!

What did you mean with someone else did rust repairs on the cab? Don?t understand haha!

The carrier bearing and X-joints will be replaced anyway when installing the lift kit since the carrier bearing has to be relocated down I believe.

I?ll take some pictures from the frame / bottom soon. I am used to a LOT of rust on my old chevy van, so I?m nog easily shocked by uncovering some rust haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambos_Ride View Post
Quote:
It will probably take around 2 to 3 months for me to get the lift kit and front end components here, since I wanna order it all in one go to save on transport costs.
In the meantime I will keep doing minor modifications to keep things interesting.
E.g. Towing mirrors, LED taillights, light bar and some working lamps.
I installed some GenIV styled towing mirrors on my 2002...after which I kicked myself in the @zz for not attempting on my 1998!

My Towing Mirror Swap

The other thing you will want to do is figure out how to stuff a Double Din radio..maybe will fit in your console...and get a nice touch screen and backup camera.

My Kenwood Stereo and Backup Camera install

Cameras are dirt cheap the camera I installed was 30.00 + 15.00 for a wireless transmitter, I spent 5x more on the spoiler I mounted the camera to!

The BU camera is easily the best safety feature I've ever added! And although you think you won't be towing much..if you do you'll appreciate the BU camera. I just hooked up to my car trailer to move it and nailed the ball placement the very first attempt by myself - PRICELESS!
Sweet! Thanks I will definitely look into that!!
Old 10-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thijmen156
Clutch

These are the mirrors I had in mind:

For 88-00 Chevy GMC C/K 1500 2500 Suburban Tahoe Towing Mirrors Power+LED Signal | eBay

What do you guys think? I personally like the little indicator in the mirror glass.
It doesn't have an indicator on the outside of the mirror itself, which I don't really feel necessary.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:

For 88-00 Chevy GMC C/K 1500 2500 Suburban Tahoe Towing Mirrors Power+LED Signal | eBay

What do you guys think? I personally like the little indicator in the mirror glass.
It doesn't have an indicator on the outside of the mirror itself, which I don't really feel necessary.

Looks good
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:

You'll want to be careful with those ebay mirrors, you might save some $$ but the quality isn't that great. I spent a lot of time before I bought mine from 1AAuto.

I do prefer the look of the arrow indicator in the glass - but, I wanted more "bling" with the front facing led marker lights, and just really like the newer style duramax mirrors with the integrated bu light.

I had to order mirrors for a 2004 and make the wiring work myself - but you're lucky! They have options for you that look to be plug and play...even if you don't like that style they sell the type you were looking at too.

Check this page out - the TrailRidge ones are great quality too - the ones at the top would be the closest to what I installed..a little more expensive..but the wiring looks to be plug and play except for the backup light, turn signals (you'll have to run the wires for turn signals on the ebay ones too)

1995 K3500 Towing Mirrors 1AAuto

I tell you what..the bu lights do make a big diff with the dually, between my stock bu lights, the led ones on my headache rack, and the ones on my mirrors..its like daylight when I back up!

#1162 Dually Club
Old 10-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rambos_Ride
Diesel Nut

Quote:
What did you mean with someone else did rust repairs on the cab? Don?t understand haha!
I was joking around looks to me like someone smeared some bondo over the rust and threw some paint over it - usually when you see a rust hole like that the rust is bubbling out from under the paint - in that pic it looks pretty smooth so thats another reason I thought someone tried a prior hack-ish repair (not you!)

#1162 Dually Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in