LBZ BUILD DurtyBurb build in progress, dont know what ive got myself into. - Page 6 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Builds
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Builds Doing a build? Share your story (& Photos!) here as it proceeds.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sweet! I didn't know you could use the autotrack t case behind the allison. My donor was 2wd and had to buy a tcase because I thought you needed the dmax one. I could have kept my old one and saved my money on the harness I needed for it too. Oh well.

Got the coolant leak fixed which was a pain in the ***. It was the coolant bypass to the turbo was not tight and then the lower banjo bolt on the turbo for the coolant was leaking. That was crappy. Then the plastic fittings on the firewall we leaking. Had to replace those. But cooling system is finished.

Fixed my filler neck and it fill much better. Still have to go super slow and I added vents but it's still taking a while to fill.

Tried starting it but just cranks 😞

Realized I needed to do the relearn so I did the turn key on 10min off 15seconds 3x but the security light never turned off.

Did anyway and tried to start it but batteries were dead.

Was there something special I needed to do, maybe low battery kept it from relearning? Does the door have to be closed the whole time?

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LB7 4X4 Federal CCSB.
-Daily Driver rocking 4 12" DC Audio subs in the center console on 2 DC Audio 5k's running off of Dual DC Power 300SPX alternators.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2018, 11:52 PM   #52 (permalink)
Kriesel
Diesel Starter

Minnesota/Western Wisconsin DP Club Member

Initially I swapped fuse blocks so that the suburban fuse block was in the truck and did the field relearn but it didn't work.

I then put the truck fuse block in, and did the field relearn, and it worked first time.

Then switch back to the suburban fuse block and make sure the wiring is correct for the ECM power.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

Thanks for the reply. I will try one more time with the relearn on fresh batteries if it doesn't work again I'll try swapping fuse blocks and see what happens.

-Daily Driver rocking 4 12" DC Audio subs in the center console on 2 DC Audio 5k's running off of Dual DC Power 300SPX alternators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

swapped the fuse block and the security light was off from the start, but I was ahead and did the relearn process anyways. Still no luck with a start. just cranks. Really stinks because I only get a little time every day after work to do anything to it then I have to go home. They let me keep it at our shop at work.

I think i am not getting any fuel. I pushed on the port used to hook up a fuel pressur guage to and nothing came out. I am using a fass lift pump and its going but I did not prime it yet. I let it run for a while before starting and I couldn't tell if I could hear it running fuel into the filters( the make a distinctive whine when they are dry)

But I usually haven't had to do the prime sequence on them. Just turn the key and it starts filling. Tomorrow I'll crack the filter and turn the key to see if it sounds any different. Maybe it will start.

If not I have some more troubleshooting.

Any who I got the throttle pedal wiring ran correctly and mounted correctly. There is a difference between how the different pedal mounts. Originally my adjustable ones have to mounting holes and the new ones have a third off to the side right where a massive hole is. The pedal isnt very stable without that third bolt so I riv-nutted it using the hole provided and it worked perfect!

Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #55 (permalink)
Kriesel
Diesel Starter

Minnesota/Western Wisconsin DP Club Member

I've seen others have issues with initial starts, and having too much air in the filter. Prime the crap outta that thing
Old 04-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

So I have prime. When pump is on the fuel port shoots out fuel big time.

I need better explanation of hooking up ecm relay with constant power not just ignition. Where is the relay located? Does the wiring go through the c100 plug? Because i think i got all tgat traded out right. I dunno.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

Alright decided to post an update. We got the beast running after all the trouble shooting I finally broke down and called a friend to help me flash the ECM to a different VIN and Boom fired right up!

Bad news, the transfer case is stuck in Nuetral, the shift control module and the wiring harness for it wont for the the TCCM I have in the burb. So my friend did some digging and originally thought I would have to buy a different shift module and wiring harness but then realized we could just buy a different TCCM and flash it to the right vin and it will work. So found a compatible one on ebay and it worked I dropped it of at a dealership and was able to have them flash it since I would have had to haul it to my friend who lives 4 hours away. The tech put it into reverse and was fine then tried to drive forward but it wouldn't go and threw all kinds of codes. Most of which are for the internal wiring of the transmission.

I'm kind of at a loss right now on what it could be. Maybe there was another wire on the tcm I was supposed to change other than powering it on.

So I have to wait for a few days for the tech to do another look over on it. He will drop the pan and see if he can diagnose the problem and I can go from there.

Sounds so good though

Just wish I could drive it.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

small vid of it running.

Last edited by OkDually; 05-06-2018 at 07:35 PM. Reason: fixed video link
Old 05-07-2018, 11:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
goodvibez07
Diesel Student

well bad news. They pulled the pan saw a solinoid was not plugged in and also bits of clutch in the pan. No bueno. This is a brand new set of clutches, raybesto GZP kevlar clutches. Not sure how they could have came apart it if its never moved on it's own power but they put it back in and still wont move on it's own power.

So royally screwed seeing as Im broke right now. We will see what happens.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
DAVe3283
Diesel Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

You can put a modified AutoTrac transfer case behind the Allison, but it requires some machine work. I paid a local shop to do that part for me; I stick to wires and programming. You can also put the larger XHD chain in it, which I also did. So far holding up well.

Sucks about the transmission. It sounds like the trans needs to come out and be gone through.

135k miles. 6-speed Allison conversion. Quadrasteer 4-wheel steering.

1982 Chevy C10 Silverado 6.2L Diesel RWD Single Cab LB

115k miles. Built 700R4 automatic, 4.11 gears.

Cheap bastage -- guilty as charged.
~~ TheBac
If you try Pee in the urea tank, Ur ine for big problems. ~~ heymccall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in