04.5 LLY Harness Problem - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY) Discuss the second generation (2004.5-2005 LLY) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. 2006 LLY engine discussion belongs in Third Generation forum due to the differences of the 2006 LLY and the 2004.5-2005 LLY. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2019, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
PorterLLYDirty1
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

04.5 LLY Harness Problem

Hey guys got a question. My 04.5 Gmc Lly is still randomly throwing the injector group b supply code. I have already fixed the wires around the alternator and cleared the code with my insite cts2 screen. I cant seem to figure out what is wrong with it. It will just randomly throw the code going down ths road. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to DieselPlace
I moved your post over to"Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY) " for better responses to your issue

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
PorterLLYDirty1
Gear Grinder

Ok cool thanks!
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2019, 02:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
jake111
Diesel Boss

People here would want to know the actual code(s)...

P2149? If so, there's usually a P020x code, and for P2149 most likely P0202. Many of us have suffered that one (I've only started 9 threads in 12 years, and this subject is one of them).

If so, there's the "ice pick" method, but some of us prefer to snip off and replace the injector connector.

Oh yeah, the problem is the metal connectors in the injector connectors loosen up and get an open circuit. Usually, it's either #2 (P0202) or #7 (P0207) because they have an unsupported loop and vibrate around more. But, it could happen to any of them.
TxC V2 aux radiator w/Fan (leaked after 12 yrs), engineer837 aux rad , TxC CAI, LBZ MP, Scangauge II, Nicktane aux filter head, KD lift pump, 2008 PS pump, 2011 hydroboost, Frederico Swaybars, Rancho 9000XL, Torklift StableLoads, BFG AT/KO2, Lance 835 Camper often in the bed.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
glenex
Gear Grinder

I have a 2005 LLY duramax , and I am in need of good used harnesses for the engine and main fusebox. Are there any retailers that would have something like this at a resonsble price. Please, need help
Old 10-27-2019, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
glenex
Gear Grinder

Hi Guys,
I have a 2005 LLY. I need the engine, and main fusebox wiring harnesses. I'd like to by reconditioned or clean used. Is there anyone out there that can help me to find something at a reasonable price

]
Old 10-27-2019, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

You might get lucky at a junkyard (very lucky, I find normally people just wreck the harness rather than disconnect plugs).

Next would be used part shops that pull the parts for you.
Then online used part places.

Then there are craiglist/kijiji ads for individuals parting out trucks.
Finally, there's buying a parts truck...
Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Old 10-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Randy_the_Hack
Administrator
Mister, your truck's smoking...

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake111 View Post
People here would want to know the actual code(s)...

P2149? If so, there's usually a P020x code, and for P2149 most likely P0202. Many of us have suffered that one (I've only started 9 threads in 12 years, and this subject is one of them).

If so, there's the "ice pick" method, but some of us prefer to snip off and replace the injector connector.

Oh yeah, the problem is the metal connectors in the injector connectors loosen up and get an open circuit. Usually, it's either #2 (P0202) or #7 (P0207) because they have an unsupported loop and vibrate around more. But, it could happen to any of them.
Jake is right - get the specific codes you're encountering and post them here. I recently had my water pump replaced, and the guys who did the work managed to pinch a couple wires in the process. Mine was throwing three codes - P0193, P0642, and P0674. When you search for all three of those, you'll find a lot of threads mentioning injector harness rub issues. If - on the other hand - you're having problems requiring the ice pick fix, the codes will be as Jake mentions above.

My guys were able to trace the pinched wires and fix 'em, and the truck started immediately. I've also had to ice pick #2 - when it decided to wiggle loose it felt and sounded as if I was driving a John Deere tractor. Ice pick cleared it up quickly and painlessly. Let us know...

'04.5 Silverado 2500 HD LLY/Suncoast Allison Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, EC/LB LT 4x4, leather, Nerf bars, Edge Racing Evolution CTS, AC Delco stock filter w/TxC CAI, ProFab Performance intake tube, LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece (see Rick's flow bench test results here), Diamond Eye Turbo Downpipe, EGR blocked (fingerless), PCV rerouted, Silverline 4" 409SS, All Headlights mod , HIR lows and highs w/SilverStar fogs, OnStar, Du-Ha USS, ARMA spray liner, DrawTite Activator II, VentShades, Lund Genesis Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Bilstein 5100's, Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves, Fleece Performance TapShifter, Michelin LTX M/S2 245/75 R16

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in