Diesel Place banner

05 LLY coolant leak/seep

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Rvn4me 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my 05 LLY had a small coolant leak/seep running down the lower rad hose and dripping on the ground. I tightened up the hose clamp at the pump and it statically leaked for a little longer but now stopped. I have driven the truck several times since and no leaks since.

I suspect the water pump via the weep hole or the little tube above the pump. My concern is a big trip upcoming in May. Has anyone experienced this leak and then stop? Did it return? Should I be changing the pump cause its on his way out?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

#2 ·
If it is the water pump you should be able to verify that’s it’s leaking at the weep hole. Mine leaked every few months for two years before I had dealer replace. I should of changed it right away because I New it wasn’t going to fix itself.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks man, I haven't found the weap hole yet but will keep looking. I have an appointment made next week to get it changed.
Very easy to see when SHIELD, Engine Front Cover is taken off. If it’s not leaking you will save 1k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.