GM Employee discount question? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY) Discuss the second generation (2004.5-2005 LLY) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. 2006 LLY engine discussion belongs in Third Generation forum due to the differences of the 2006 LLY and the 2004.5-2005 LLY. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bronco123

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

GM Employee discount question?

I am very interested in a Duramax but totally new to diesels. My question is for the diesel folks, does the GM discount really a discount when it comes to the diesels? I have noticed total sticker pricing of around 45k and the discount is about 36k. Seems this is not much off the sticker for such a discount. Also does anyone know if this includes all incentives such as rebates and so forth. Just trying to check on the best pricing and negotiating approach. I am excited about owning a diesel but do not want to get ripped off. One last question, is there a difference in the ride of the ext vs cc? I tend to like the ext better for looks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
briano
Diesel Veteran

its a great price... $10k off of a diesel?? hek yeah!!

I used my employer discount before GM started this and the discount was about 7k not including incentives... there was a 3000 cash back, then the 1000 loyalty.. that came out very well!!

LLY FAQ, Most Popular Tuner, Most Popular Exhaust, How to Search, Front Pipe Install,
Duramax Engine Pics, Front Pipe vs. Down Pipe Which Engine do I have?? Programmer Comparison Dual Electric Fan Install Online Manuals MBRP Powertube Install and Dyno "True" Downpipe Install

Please create a signature under User CP with year, make, and any mods. This will help us help you.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
snowsdog
Diesel Starter

Thats almost 25% off?? How much do you think the employee price would be. Normally your looking at about 18% plus rebates, which I would guess is what you were quoted.
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thinkmoto

I looked into this about a week ago. IN WI unfortanately the stae has a loophole to screw over GM employees and now us the general public by taxing the discount. basically in WI you don't get the full discount like GM websites claim. Its still a damn good deal though. I have an 05 Dmax ex cab but now I want a crew cab
Old 06-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
otis
Forum King

Bronco123, if that is a 4X4 and you can get it for that price I would jump on it. I paid $41,000 for mine and it stickered at $48,000.
2005 2500 HD Dmax lly CC Shortbox 4x4 Sierra SLT Silverbirch, torsion bars cranked up 1 1/2" predator 2.02, spray on liner over rails, trailback running boards, stainless cloud rider mesh grill screen, gooseneck hitch with tekonsha brake control.
"The fairest system is the one that rewards the makers in society as opposed to rewarding the takers in society" Arthur Brooks.
Article III, Bill Of Rights
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Member #61 DP A(ACLU) agent Yella Dog (keeper of the original) 'er, Sir Bone-r-alot

Old 06-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
052500HDCC

heck yea...BUY. Mine stickered at $49900 and i paid about 42500 for it.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
maxinout

I just picked up an 05 dually crew Dmax/Allison for about 10 grand off the $42,168 sticker price. GMS employee price PLUS $3000 rebate. I don't see them getting any cheaper than that. MI does tax (6%) the rebate as part of the purchase price but not the employee discount.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
HOV

Mine was an 05 Silverado LS with a lot of options - D/A, heavy duty towing package, power diver's seat, snow plow prep, 4x4, extended cab, skid plates.

MSRP: $42,000
Employee discount price: $35,167
Rebate: $3,000

Total out the door price including $2XXX trade allowance: $31,000
Old 06-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
billfishin

I got the 2500hd crew cab duramax 2WD LS with leather for 31,600. My first chevy. So far i like it better than my old superduty, excepth the lifts are more involved with the IFS.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
TxChristopher
Diesel Veteran

Personally I don't see where it is any better of a deal than any other promotional thing, but as long as everyone is happy then thats all that matters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in