Question: Eldorado gear selector help - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > All Other GM Diesels
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

All Other GM Diesels Discuss any other GM Diesel engines... 5.7l Olds, Chevette Diesel, or anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shervin_air
Self Ignition

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Eldorado gear selector help

Hi all
I have noticed my gear doesn't show THE GEAR CORRECTLY,for example if I'm in D IT SHOWS very close to N and if I change it to reverse it shows close to park mode
Any idea what it can be ,is there any cable be come loose or strached on gear mec
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2017, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

If its just the indicator that is just a string held to the column with a clip.

15 VW Golf wagon, TDI. Did the buyback on my 13 Jetta TDI wagon so it was basically a trade up.
96 Burb K25 3.42's SOLD at 340K miles, told it was all original, close race between engine wearing out or body completely rust out.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shervin_air
Self Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57diesel View Post
If its just the indicator that is just a string held to the column with a clip.

Can it be adjusted or do I need to replace it?
Thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2017, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

Its been a while since I messed with one but I think there is just a clip that clips to the outside of the column. You can just move it to a different spot.
15 VW Golf wagon, TDI. Did the buyback on my 13 Jetta TDI wagon so it was basically a trade up.
96 Burb K25 3.42's SOLD at 340K miles, told it was all original, close race between engine wearing out or body completely rust out.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shervin_air
Self Ignition

Quote:
Its been a while since I messed with one but I think there is just a clip that clips to the outside of the column. You can just move it to a different spot.

if u look on this pic I think they used to be some sort of rubber in between the gear linkage and when I try to move it around its kind of lose ,do you know if that could be it ?and do you know what it goes there and when I can purchase one as I don't know what I'm looking for
Thanks diesel 57 you are very kind man as you always try to answer all my problem
Much appreciated

Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

I have not seen that one wear before. The earlier Eldo's wear at a pivot below that. To repair those I have used a universal door hinge bearing kit. Not sure if that is something you could easily buy there or not. If not look for 'oilite bearing'.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shervin_air
Self Ignition

Quote:
I have not seen that one wear before. The earlier Eldo's wear at a pivot below that. To repair those I have used a universal door hinge bearing kit. Not sure if that is something you could easily buy there or not. If not look for 'oilite bearing'.

It looks like it's somthing missing as its not secure I'll try to look for it and fix that part 1st maybe it will be fine after if not I'm gonna have to strip dwn the steering section
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in