Question: 1.8l chevette flex plate - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > All Other GM Diesels
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

All Other GM Diesels Discuss any other GM Diesel engines... 5.7l Olds, Chevette Diesel, or anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
RoChelle
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Icon8 1.8l chevette flex plate

I have been searching for a flex plate for an 81 chevette with the 1.8L diesel!!!! Dealer can't get one, Parts stores don't list them, Can't find one used or on ebay!!!! Customer ordered one thru Autozone but it was the gas flex plate, Any leads????

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

Do you know if it was something special made for that car or was it perhaps the same as some other Isuzu applications of the era? Wasn't that the same engine that went into the Chev Luv pickups? Maybe you could find something listed there?

15 VW Golf wagon, TDI. Did the buyback on my 13 Jetta TDI wagon so it was basically a trade up.
96 Burb K25 3.42's SOLD at 340K miles, told it was all original, close race between engine wearing out or body completely rust out.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
RoChelle
Low Boost

I'm pretty sure it is the Isuzu engine same as a luv, still didn't find one so we just cut the welds and flipped the ring gear, rewelded it and the moment of truth will be a couple more hours!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
diesel91z71
Freeze Plug

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If your flex plate redo doesn't work I would try car-part.com they list only one for the manual chevette none for the automatic diesel, but they do list some for the chevy luv 2.0 and 2.2 diesel.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
RoChelle
Low Boost

Great thank you
Old 01-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

So did your fix work? Im assuming the you had a lot of bad teeth on the gear?

What transmission does this have? Was it a THM200? I think I only saw 4 speeds.

A Chevette has got to be a pretty rare car these days period, you then add a diesel and an auto trans I bet you have single digit survivors there.
15 VW Golf wagon, TDI. Did the buyback on my 13 Jetta TDI wagon so it was basically a trade up.
96 Burb K25 3.42's SOLD at 340K miles, told it was all original, close race between engine wearing out or body completely rust out.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
JCDiesel
Let's take the Truck!

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ahh we had a visitor
91 Suburban 2500 4x4 6.2 Bad Transmission
85 Cadillac Deville factory 4.3 Oldsmobile Diesel
91 GMC Sierra K1500 6.2 NA Plow truck with 7.5ft Leo Plow
94 K3500 CC DRW 6.5TD DE exhaust Custom Parker Racor Fuel Filter assembly
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacalips View Post
Even the guys who own them aren't 5.7 guys.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

I was curious to hear more about this car. I saw one in a junkyard several years ago and then the one in the repair shop a few weeks ago. Come to think of it I can't remember seeing one (gas or diesel) on the road in years. I remember my uncle had one back in the day. I think he got it to replace his Gremlin. I remember thinking it was a lot nicer than the Gremlin. Had a friend that had one in high school, remember doing brake pads on it and being amazed at their size. Seems like the pad area was like 2x2. At the time I think the smallest car I had worked on had been a Regal.

Last edited by 57diesel; 01-29-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Diaric
R.I.P. Sam

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Lifetime Premium-7 Member

I looked on Rock Auto when you posted it and all they had listed was new gear teeth ring for the flywheel but not the flywheel itself.
I looked over at the same era of Isuzu's and the I-Mark as the only one with a 1.8 diesel, but again no flywheel, not even in clutch kits. You would think it would interchange with something.
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FAQ's AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
RoChelle
Low Boost

We cut the welds and turned the ring gear around on the flex plate, then the new Autozone starter had a bent shaft so we are waiting for another starter to come in next week!! Nobody carries the starter, and most places were a week out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in