2003 LBZ Suburban - Dual Fuel Tank Help - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Frankenstein
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Frankenstein Did you put a 6.5 in a Camaro? A Duramax in a boat? A Cummins in a Chevy? A Powerstroke in a van? Then you must have a touch of the good Dr. Frankenstein. Post your stories, questions, discussions in here... this is intended to be a place to discuss your questions on how to, what to do, etc...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
SDWYZC5
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

2003 LBZ Suburban - Dual Fuel Tank Help

Hey guys,

I can use some help. I have researched and learned so much online the last couple of months but I still can not figure out my issue.

I have a 2003 Suburban that has a LBZ installed in it. Everything is fine with the install with the exception of the dual tank tuning. This is where I can really use some help.

I had DuramaxTuner install a dual tank setup when I purchased EFI Jack DSP5 Tunes from them. Boy did the tunes make a huge difference in performance! Having the dual tank programming added, the dual tank function does not operated. I have went through all the wiring, fuel level sensors and the transfer pump, and everything checks out 100%. I checked the operation of the pump and fuel level sensors at the ECM; both fuel level sensors read at the ECM and I can manually run the transfer pump from the ECM as well. Even with everything appearing to be installed correctly the aux fuel tank gauge does not change the dash fuel reading when I manually change the aux tank float position nor does the dash gauge change when I unplug the rear sending unit. Also, I get no trouble codes for the dual tank setup not functioning. All this is telling me that the dual tank tune does not exist, right?

So I think it can be an issue with how DuramaxTuner installed the dual tank tune or an issue with my ECM. Is there anything else it could be? Bob/Jim at DuramaxTuner believes the dual tank tune is programmed correctly but it just does not add up.

I would appreciate any help on getting this resolved.

Thanks in advance.

4:10 Gears
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Madspeed
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

You need to have your own efi live. The os of the ecm might not be playing nice w the os of the bcm ipc. I had to try a couple different ecm tunes before mine worked

CHEESE IS ALLWAYS FREE IN A MOUSETRAP.

.!.. OBAMA
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
skippie
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Did you rewire the aux fuel tank relay? You said changing the float arm of aux doesnt change gauge... Was this you manually lifting arm? Dont forget a sudden change in level the ecm wont register it. You would have to shut key off, change level, turn key back on.

I cant see nick not sending you a dual tank file. Hes the guy on that. Could be a OS prob ask stated above. Bestvis to use efilive to see if both tanks are registering
2018 Tahoe premier RST (future Iml or l5p?)
2001 GMC Yukon Denali XL 2500HD 4x4, LB7/Allison EFI Live DSP2 by Theferminator, MBRP,
2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 CCSB, LLY/Allison, DSP5 EFI live by Idaho Rob, 5" MBRP exhaust, 6" pro comp lift, 35" nittos, LBZ mp
2003 GMC Yukon XL, 2500HD, 4x4 LBZ/Allison, EFI live by Idaho Rob
2003 GMC Yukon Denali XL 2500HD 4x4, LBZ/Allison, EFI live DSP5 by Theferminator
2006 GMC 3500HD C&C, LBZ/Allison, 14' aluminum dump bed
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in