LLY to LBZ swap questions - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Frankenstein
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Frankenstein Did you put a 6.5 in a Camaro? A Duramax in a boat? A Cummins in a Chevy? A Powerstroke in a van? Then you must have a touch of the good Dr. Frankenstein. Post your stories, questions, discussions in here... this is intended to be a place to discuss your questions on how to, what to do, etc...

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
80Sierra
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 80Sierra

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

LLY to LBZ swap questions

I've got an 05 LLY / ZF6 truck that I bought to rob the drivetrain out of and to swap into an 03 Yukon.

Winds up the donor truck I bought may have a bad set of injectors. I can get an LBZ engine with half the mileage and in good running condition with every part I need for the swap for about the same cost as a replacement set of injectors for the LLY.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. Will the 05 LLY flywheel and clutch bolt up to an LBZ?

2. Are the LLY and LBZ engine mounts the same?

3. Will the Bosch LBZ PCM will communicate with the 05 manual trans instrument cluster and other 03 modules such as the HVAC control module?

4. Can you bolt the LLY front timing cover, water pump and fan up to the LBZ so I can use the LLY radiator and fan shroud?

5. Can I use the LLY intercooler and piping with the LBZ engine?

6. Will the LLY downpipe back exhaust fit onto the LBZ downpipe?

7. Will the LBZ air filter assembly be a direct replacement for the LLY stuff?

Anything else that needs to be done (aside from some wiring changes and replacing the throttle pedal) to do the swap that I haven't thought of?

2014 GMC 2500HD LML - Daily Driver

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe 2 Door LB7 / ZF6 SAS 1 tons and 37s - Sunday Driver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in