Lost - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rvn4me

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cjsvirginia
Sparkplug Hunter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Lost

New to the Diesel world. You all are speaking a foreign language. I just bought a 2500. 2015 129000 Duramax at the promoting by my son I bought mainly to tow our TT. Now ck engine light comes on when towing off when not towing so the computer says Knox sensor??? What where ???

Do I need to get this fixed right away?

What should I expect to pay ?

I find out that my mechanic doesn’t work on diesels🤪. It wouldn’t have mattered I still would have bought this-now need to find shop that works on diesels Dealers are such a rip off

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to DieselPlace

I moved your post over to "Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)" section for better responses and views to your issues

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Last edited by OkDually; 07-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjsvirginia View Post
Now ck engine light comes on when towing off when not towing so the computer says Knox sensor?Do I need to get this fixed right away?
What should I expect to pay?
Since you just bought it maybe take it back and have them fix it for free.
What is your code?
Do you mean NOx (nitrogen oxide) Sensor?
Or do you mean CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR also known as (Knock Sensor?
Your NOx Sensor is $198.48 + Labor.
Your CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR is $20.48 + Labor
Go to your favorite parts store to have your code read and report back.

This was for 2010 & 2011
Condition
On some 2010-2011 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vehicles equipped with a 6.6L diesel engine (RPO LGH) and 2011 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 series vehicles equipped with a 6.6L diesel engine (RPO LML/LGH), the nitrogen oxide (NOx) sensor may fail due to contamination between the terminals in the sensor and the wire interface. The contamination may cause the NOx sensor signal to become unstable and/or oscillate which may cause a malfunction indicator light to illuminate.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Last edited by Rvn4me; 07-10-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D.Camilleri
Lead Moderator
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Welcome to the diesel place, and the world of the duramax! Where are you located? New diesels require techs that are familar with them, sometimes the best techs are dealer trained. If you know the code number, please post it up.
2017 3500HD CCLB Black on Black LTZ Loaded L5P, Banks Derringer with I dash, Ranch Hand bumper with 18K superwinch talon, Curt 20k puck hitch, 60 gallon aluminum transfer tank with electric pump, Onan Quiet Diesel 5500 for extra weight in the bed, Cooper STT PRO 285/65R18 and Vision Manic wheels. 2nd set of tires and wheels, Cepek Trail Country EXP 285/65R18 on Ultra Predator II Black/Machined 18x9

2018 Solitude 310GK fifth wheel with a 12' Haulmark tag trailer to haul toys in.

1997 Jeep TJ, Currie 8.8 high pinion axles front and rear with ARB air lockers, 4.56, 5 on 5.5 with warn hub kit, Atlas II transfer case with Klune V doubler, 4 inch Currie Lift and 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson MTZ on 15x10 Mickey Thompson wheels, Ramsey 9500 winch, hydraulic ram assist steering, on board welder and on board air, custom aluminum fuel tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in