Diesel Place banner

Pumped gas in diesel tank!!!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chevy13white 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hello last night i was at a 1/8th a tank and went to gas station, filled tank up all the way when i noticed i had put gas instead of diesel. i was only 3/4 a mile from home so i eased home no problem running fine, i realize i shouldnt have moved at all. so what am i looking at??? dropping tank and changing filter or does it need to be towed to dealership.??? all help is appreciated.

#4 ·
Well with only having gone 3/4 of a mile you are probably alright. Drain the fuel tank. Change the fuel filter. If you can see if any gas has made it to your fuel filter when you take it off. Purge your fuel lines and pray that no gas made it to your CP4 or injectors.

#6 · (Edited)
Purge= remove gasoline from tank and fuel lines and replace with fresh diesel.
You will have to drain the fuel tank and refill with diesel and then flush the fuel lines to remove any remaining gasoline

#7 ·
Ok I have drained the pressure fuel line that runs up by driver side of motor, then I put a couple gallons of diesel in and drained line again, took off fuel filter ( which btw ) smelled like it had a good bit of gas in it) and put back on and primed and emptied again. Then I put new fuel filter on, and once I finally got air out, it started and ran fine. Then I added a lubrication additive to the diesel and topped off tank with diesel. Does anybody think there will be any long term affects from this or any damage done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.