Question: No oil pressure, Edge Insight - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
tlporter
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

No oil pressure, Edge Insight

I have a 2012 3500HD. The oil pressure has always read just under 80 on the instrument cluster. Recently I bought and installed the Edge Insight gauge cluster that plugs into the OBD port. When I pull up the oil pressure on the Edge product it reads 0. If I didn't have any oil pressure I would have lost the motor a long time ago. Any idea why I don't get an oil pressure reading on the Edge product?

Last edited by OkDually; 06-23-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: prefix/sig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
lynn1130
Diesel Apprentice

You may want to call Edge. Special sensors are needed for some reading. Oil pressure may be one of them. Mine does not show a PID for oil pressure.

Kennedy Lift Pump
Edge Insight

Sold: 2004 Duramax LB7

2011 3010 Heartland Cyclone HD 35' Toyhauler
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2019, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dmax Dually
Glow Plug

I have the Edge CTS 2 and mine reads (EOP) engine oil pressure no problem. The factory gauges are not accurate.The display readings on the Edge are going to be lower than what your gauges are showing. My gauge reading for oil pressure at idle is about 60 psi and the CTS 2 show 40-45. My coolant temp gauge runs 210 deg while the CTS 2 show 190-195 degs..The only one that is accurate is the Trans temp display on the DIC because it is not an analog gauge...It reads exactly what the CTS 2 reads..

Last edited by Dmax Dually; 06-27-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
tlporter
Gear Grinder

Thank you. I will make sure that I have the correct settings, then contact Edge if I can't get the oil pressure gauge display working.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dmax Dually
Glow Plug

I checked my oil pressure reading today and I made a mistake. My warm idle oil pressure reading on the dash gauge was approx. 30-32 psi and the Edge was reading 17-18 psi. Which Insight do you have the CS2 or the CTS2?
Old 06-29-2019, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
tlporter
Gear Grinder

I have the CTS2.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dmax Dually
Glow Plug

Are you not able to select / display the EOP PID on the Edge screen or is it that you can display the EOP PID but it's just reading "0" all the time? The edge get's it's readings from the ECU, which is getting it directly from the sensors on the engine not the dash gauges. That's why there is such a difference between the gauge readings on the dash and what the edge is reading. If the ECU was seeing "0" oil pressure from the sensor you would get a low oil pressure warning.
Chevy is constantly changing/updating the ECU program. My ECU must have had a different software version because when I first got my CTS 2 it wasn't able to unlock my ECU to reprogram it. I called edge and they had to update the software in my CTS2 so it could unlock my ECU. If I remember correctly I had to emailed them a copy of my ECU file so they can see what program it was running and they updated my edge software and it worked great.
The update is done through their website. Once they have adjusted the software it is uploaded to their website and they let you know. You log in and connect your CTS2. It automatically recognizes it and downloads the new program. Edge tech support was great they walked me through it no problem.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
tlporter
Gear Grinder

Thank you. I contacted Edge and they recommended updating the software. This week I will update it and see if it makes a difference.
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
lynn1130
Diesel Apprentice

After I got my head out of my and checked closer I do have oil pressure on the Edge. I am not sure what I was doing when I checked the first time.
Kennedy Lift Pump
Edge Insight

Sold: 2004 Duramax LB7

2011 3010 Heartland Cyclone HD 35' Toyhauler

Last edited by lynn1130; Today at 02:03 PM.
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

You're in Phoenix. Too much heat.

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in