Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/365-duramax-fifth-generation-2011-2016-lml/)
-   -   LML: Injector failure and need help (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/365-duramax-fifth-generation-2011-2016-lml/975648-injector-failure-need-help.html)

DazzRozze 05-01-2019 06:28 PM

Injector failure and need help

Hi, I need some help. I have a 2014 2500HD GMC Denali with the 6.6 Duramax V8 Diesel.
The Number8 Injector has failed through Radiator Fluid dripping down directly on the top of the Injector and caused it to short out.
Could someone please tell me how to remove and replace the Faulty Injector.
My GMC is in a workshop at the moment and they can,t see how to remove it without moving the Engine forward to clear the Firewall.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Daryl Poke

OkDually 05-01-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DazzRozze (Post 9817392)
Hi, I need some help. I have a 2014 2500HD GMC Denali with the 6.6 Duramax V8 Diesel.
The Number8 Injector has failed through Radiator Fluid dripping down directly on the top of the Injector and caused it to short out.
Could someone please tell me how to remove and replace the Faulty Injector.
My GMC is in a workshop at the moment and they can,t see how to remove it without moving the Engine forward to clear the Firewall.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Daryl Poke

Welcome to DieselPlace

Here is a Youtube Video showing a trick to getting the Injector out without a special tool.

DazzRozze 05-01-2019 11:35 PM

Hi, It is the Number 8 Injector that is the problem( left hand rear ), there is not enough clearance between the Injector and the Firewall to lift the Injector out. Has anyone had any experience with this and what is the answer please.
Regards Daryl Poke.

OkDually 05-02-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DazzRozze (Post 9817502)
Hi, It is the Number 8 Injector that is the problem( left hand rear ), there is not enough clearance between the Injector and the Firewall to lift the Injector out. Has anyone had any experience with this and what is the answer please.
Regards Daryl Poke.

Since the firewall is in the way I would suggest unbolting the cab and lifting it up out of the way for easier access to the injector.

sfcjones 05-05-2019 05:09 PM

I agree, Lifting the Cab seems to be the best way. This process is with other manufactures as well.