How hard is it to return a deleted Duramax to stock - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
hahler2
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

How hard is it to return a deleted Duramax to stock

Hey guys. I have a 2015 Duramax that I deleted about 3 years ago. I pulled the DPF and the Def tank and pump off the pickup. I'm looking to trade it back in and was going to restore it to stock form before I do. I know all the parts and everything will bolt right back in. What I'm wondering is if I will need to do anything special to the def tank and dpf after them sitting in a storage shed for this long?

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 LT ECLB
My work truck. MBRP 4inch stainless exhaust, Sinister EGR delete, PCV reroute with resonator delete, S&B intake, tuning by Duramaxtuner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
SheeB
Heat Sink

I'm sure a good rinse of the def tank and lines wouldn't hurt.

Probably will need a manual regeneration too after the stock factory tune is reinstalled.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
hahler2
Diesel Apprentice

Can you use tap water to rinse the def tank and lines or do you need distilled water or anything like that? Is there any kind of trick to rinsing things?

My work truck. MBRP 4inch stainless exhaust, Sinister EGR delete, PCV reroute with resonator delete, S&B intake, tuning by Duramaxtuner.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
SheeB
Heat Sink

I've never done this myself (yet) but I'd imagine regular water is fine and I'd make sure it was completely dry before refilling it with def.

On a side note, if I do have to ever reinstall I'll tap the bottom of the def tank and install a drain of some sort.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
hahler2
Diesel Apprentice

After looking at the tank a little closer it's not hard to pull the pump. Will pull it and make sure the tank is cleaned out really good. Thanks for your help.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
SheeB
Heat Sink

Make sure you have your factory stock tune to load back in to the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in