Cp4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rvn4me
  • 1 Post By dangerfield69
  • 1 Post By HooKMHornS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2018, 04:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
LordImpala
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

SoCal Diesel Trucks Member

Cp4

Hey guys. I’m on the 6.5 side. My dad just bought a 2013 lml. Are you guys converting over to cp3 pumps. How many miles are the cp4 lasting? Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

CP4 could last a few thousand mile and there’s some that have over 400,000 miles and still running fine.
Might be something in one of these.
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...-cp3-pump.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...11k-miles.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-...e-2.html?amp=1
Most conversion kits are around $1800 than Labor is about the same. So your talking about $4000

Google “duramax LML How many miles are the cp4 lasting”

Last edited by Rvn4me; 10-12-2018 at 08:25 AM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
LordImpala
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvn4me View Post
CP4 could last a few thousand mile and there’s some that have over 400,000 miles and still running fine.
Might be something in one of these.
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...-cp3-pump.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...11k-miles.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3-...e-2.html?amp=1
Most conversion kits are around $1800 than Labor is about the same. So your talking about $4000

Google “duramax LML How many miles are the cp4 lasting”
Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
SlickWillie
Self Ignition

My 2013 had catastrophic injection pump failure at 52,000 miles. Pump filled whole fuel system full of metal shavings. Luckily, warranty covered the bill. This will be my last Duramax. Of course, everyone but Cummins uses the CP4. There was a lawsuit filed in Texas this month on the CP4 failures.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
dangerfield69
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWillie View Post
My 2013 had catastrophic injection pump failure at 52,000 miles. Pump filled whole fuel system full of metal shavings. Luckily, warranty covered the bill. This will be my last Duramax. Of course, everyone but Cummins uses the CP4. There was a lawsuit filed in Texas this month on the CP4 failures.
The L5P doesn't use the CP4.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
SlickWillie
Self Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerfield69 View Post
The L5P doesn't use the CP4.
Good to know. This will most likely be my last diesel regardless.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
LordImpala
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWillie View Post
Thanks for the input.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
SaguaroKid
Forum King

Could there be a way to put some kind of device (filter etc.) post pump to contain all the debris?

" I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Unknown

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

2019 Chevy 3500 SRW CC Duramax/Alli LTZ. Stock.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
HooKMHornS
Diesel Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to HooKMHornS Send a message via Skype™ to HooKMHornS

Exergy Performance System Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguaroKid View Post
Could there be a way to put some kind of device (filter etc.) post pump to contain all the debris?
While it's not absolute, it is an improvement.

Quote:
The System Saver Inlet Valve was designed to offer you the piece of mind in the event of a CP4 Pump failure. The important difference between the OEM valve and the System Saver is the improvement made to the screen, which is upstream of the valve inlet. The OEM screen is a single 80 micron layer, and is a very flimsy design. In extreme cases the factory screen can actually tear, introducing massive amounts of debris (from the failed pump) to the injectors. The System Saver Valve screen is rated at 25 microns and is wrapped in two layers. This improved micron rating and double wrap construction will do a much better job of keeping debris from entering the rest of the fuel system. It is also constructed in a (manner) where it will not be able to tear or de-laminate from the filter housing. Another benefit to the screen is the fact that it will load up quicker than the factory screen in the event of a pump failure. This will choke off the valve sooner, which will bring the truck out of service and shut it down in a shorter amount of time.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh sh*t, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in