DEF delete without extra noise - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Roachie
  • 1 Post By briano
  • 1 Post By Empire087

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeake
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

DEF delete without extra noise

I have a 2015 Denali and with 115k miles and a p24c4 and p2493 code I want to tune out the EGR, add an egr block off plate and tune out the def and associated crap.
If I delete dpf and replace it with a pipe is it going to be louder? I'm past loud vehicles. I want comfort, not noise.

Does someone make a bolt in pipe that only removes the DPF?

I already have the dsp5 switch lift pump s&b intake from Duramaxtuner.com

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject. I plan to get with motorops f to tune out the useless emissions garbage, I just have not had time to call them from work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 06:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Roachie
Diesel Starter

Mine has a straight pipe where the DPF used to be and it is no noisier than when it had the DPF .... well, not that I've noticed from inside the cab anyway.

Roachie
Kadina, SA
Australia

Mickey Thompson 305/70/R18; twin spares.
TUFF bullbar.
FASS 150 lift pump/filters + back-up Kennedy lift pump.
Bean's fuel tank sump kit. Titan 57 gallon tank.
Banks 4" straight thru exhaust and cold air intake.
Fyrlyt Nemisis 250 watt spot lights
Front, side and rear LED bars.
Extra 100a/h battery in back to run 60 litre fridge.
PX07 air compressor and 18 litre tank.
3 sets of air horns.
EFI Live tunes (using TOW tune)
AirSafe Hitch
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
briano
Diesel Veteran

yes it will be louder when you remove all the restriction..unless you add a muffler and or resonator to new system. loud is relative to each person as is quiet.

LLY FAQ, Most Popular Tuner, Most Popular Exhaust, How to Search, Front Pipe Install,
Duramax Engine Pics, Front Pipe vs. Down Pipe Which Engine do I have?? Programmer Comparison Dual Electric Fan Install Online Manuals MBRP Powertube Install and Dyno "True" Downpipe Install

Please create a signature under User CP with year, make, and any mods. This will help us help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeake
Clutch

I was under the impression that the truck had a muffler and the cat was the DPF. LOL dang it.. .. .I am glad I am researching all this crap. I don't see hollowing out the DPF to be anything other than a huge waste of time.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
briano
Diesel Veteran

I honestly think it is louder than my LLY...I got the muffler and also bought a front pipe with resonator. it is now quieter in the cab and I'm happy with the sound.

LLY FAQ, Most Popular Tuner, Most Popular Exhaust, How to Search, Front Pipe Install,
Duramax Engine Pics, Front Pipe vs. Down Pipe Which Engine do I have?? Programmer Comparison Dual Electric Fan Install Online Manuals MBRP Powertube Install and Dyno "True" Downpipe Install

Please create a signature under User CP with year, make, and any mods. This will help us help you.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Empire087
Block Heater

As far as i know you can go with a race pipe which deletes the dpf but not the diesel cat which ive heard makes a big difference.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeake
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire087 View Post
As far as i know you can go with a race pipe which deletes the dpf but not the diesel cat which ive heard makes a big difference.
I ordered a flopro pipe and am leaving the cat. I plan to call motorops tomorrow but my plans may get sidetracked depending on work.

Last edited by OkDually; 07-08-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: nsv link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in