Diesel Place banner

Weird vibration driving me insane! Please help.

8K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  GunMetal832 
#1 ·
Ok so Ill keep it short and sweet. I bought a 2011 chevy 2500HD back in october. 6.6 LML. At first the truck ran fine. It had obviously been tuned before hand as it was extremely quick and blew a ton of smoke. Im not the biggest fan of "rolling coal" for no reason. But to be able to do it to show off to my buddies was cool enough. Well then I started getting some weird vibrations and noises when the truck was in reverse. I felt the vibration in the steering wheel and could hear it. It almost reminded me of my older 96 cummins before I adjusted the idle rpm. Then I got a "change fuel filter" reminder. And no matter how hard i hammered down i got no smoke and it seemed to of lost power. Now it does it in drive when i let off the throttle the rpm goes down and it makes the noise. And in park sometimes. The second I give it some throttle it goes away. When i changed the fuel filter i had brown slime in the bottom of it. What do yall think? I still have the "change fuel filter" light because I am an idiot and can not figure out how to reset it as my truck does not have the DIC. I recently got a Edge CS2 for christmas and plugged it in to check the injector balance rates. I had no idea what is "normal" for the truck. Could this be a case of bad fuel and its restricting the flow? Garbage like algea and bacteria in the bottom of the tank? I added some fuel cleaner two times at each fill up and got nothing. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

#17 ·
thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it. So what should I check next on the “vibration issue”? Could it be restricted fuel flow? Or maybe engine mounts? Also, any idea why my tuner won’t recognize the tunes already on it? It’s had the DEF deleted so I know it had to have been tuned in the past. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.