Difference Between LML and LGH Turbocharger - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
joshpfef
Diesel Student

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Difference Between LML and LGH Turbocharger

Hey everyone. Tried searching Google, the forum(s), etc and cant find a good answer. I have a 2011 Silverado 3500 cab and chassis truck that apparently has the LGH Duramax in it (never had any issues with putting LML parts on until now). Seems to have blown an oil seal in the turbo: severe loss of power, lots of white/blue smoke from the exhaust, and a driverís side intercooler pipe full of oil. Shut it down when it happened and got it back to our shop. Ordered a new Garrett turbo from a bigger online vendor (not sure if theyíre a forum sponsor or not), got it in last night and have been working on pulling the factory turbo this morning. Factory one is almost out and I decided to check the part numbers against one another, now that I can see the label on the factory turbo. Factory part number is 12640123 which coincides to the LGH turbo thatís listed as ďfor vansĒ, but itís in my cab and chassis. The new turbo I have is part number 12642314. Without having the stock part all the way out, they look exactly the same, same sensors, same mouthpieces shape and size, same bolt locations. But online vendors list these as separate and Iím trying to figure out why. Can I put an LML turbo on an LGH? And for future reference, will an LGH turbo go on an LML? Have a few bolts at the base that arenít off yet and Iím worried they might be the difference. Thanks in advance!

I apologize if this is in the wrong area. The vehicle isnít a van, but it may be better suited there?

2009 F250 Powerstroke Lariat
1976 Corvette
1956 Bel Air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

LGH was used in both the cab and chassis and in vans.

It has lower power/torque ratings thcan the LML.

Sorry, can't help you with physical differences.

Googling LML vs LGH finds a bunch of listings -- some of it might provide hints about what you're looking for.

Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in