Trouble codes P0675 and P2536 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
11DMAX2500
Diesel Newbie

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Trouble codes P0675 and P2536

Hey all,

I recently was on a camping trip hauling our new camper down to NC/SC for the week. When jumping from one campground to the other these two codes came in. I cleared them with my insight and made it to the next stop. Through the rest of the week about every other day or so the codes would come back, then I'd clear them. I found that the p0675 is for the #5 cylinder glow plug and the p2436 is the ignition accessory circuit and possibly something to do with the TCM. My question is which them clearing and not coming in every time is this something I need to worry about and look into asap or no? I wasn't sure if it could have anything to do with the batteries being original or not, I notice every now and them it works a little harder to turn over and figured it's about due for new ones. I experienced no issues driving back home with the shifting or anything. The TCM was already replaced while it was under warranty for the thing not shifting out of park. Truck has about 97k mi. and the ECM and TCM is PPEI tuned for over a year now. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by 11DMAX2500; 08-07-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
G2GBY
Diesel Boss

Could be weak batteries.
If there over 5 years I would replace no matter what. Don't like being stranded.
Have them load tested if there newer.

As for P0675 #5 glow plug code it shouldn't be intermittent. If it's bad it's bad. Not inless you have a loose connection.

In your title you have P2536 then in your post you have P2436
What one is it?

If it's P2536
You have a wake up voltage problem at the BCM. Code indicates the wake up voltage is below 5V. You may have a bad TCM

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
G2GBY
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2GBY View Post
Could be weak batteries.
If there over 5 years I would replace no matter what. Don't like being stranded.
Have them load tested if there newer.

As for P0675 #5 glow plug code it shouldn't be intermittent. If it's bad it's bad. Not inless you have a loose connection.

In your title you have P2536 then in your post you have P2436
What one is it?

If it's P2536
You have a wake up voltage problem at the BCM. Code indicates the wake up voltage is below 5V. You may have a bad TCM
Could be a wire on the TCM harness was cut.
Check your conector/pins And clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
11DMAX2500
Diesel Newbie

Didn't notice I miss typed it in the post. It is the p2536 code. I'm hoping it's maybe just a wire or something I can repair. Really don't feel like getting another TCM and have to get it retuned by PPEI. Definitely think I'm gonna do some new batteries to see if that does anything. Don't wanna be stuck somewhere this winter with low batteries that's for sure
Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
mastercraftka
Diesel Fanatic

Not sure I follow here I have a P0675 code I thought it was the low voltage?? I have two new batteries and a new alternator. Still getting this code.

Is it the #5 glow plug?

2016 Cypress 42ft

Mike
Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
G2GBY
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
Not sure I follow here I have a P0675 code I thought it was the low voltage?? I have two new batteries and a new alternator. Still getting this code.
Is it the #5 glow plug?
You spent $600 for a $17.53 part.
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/dtc...h=Get+DTC+Info
Code:P0675
Modules:ECM
Description:Glow Plug 5 Control Circuit
Where do you get low voltage from the discription of your code?
GM Part :12639701,GLOW PLUG,(ACDelco #9G). GLOW PLUG, Spark Ignition,GLOW PLUG, $17.53

The last digit in the code indicates the cylinder number.
On the Dmax, the cylinders are numbered starting from the passenger front 1-3-5-7 and the driver's front 2-4-6-8. So yours is #8 If its #4 It is easier to remove one end of the steering shaft and make sure you tie your steering wheel so it does not move
First, disconnect the batteries. Some people don't.
Remove the inner fender liner which is the biggest PITA of the whole process. just that there are about 10 clips holding it in and it's got a couple of big harnesses clipped to it from inside also. You can get a good view of all 4 glow plugs this way- they're right on top of the exhaust manifold and slightly angled towards the back of the engine. There will be one wire with an 8 mm nut holding it on
Next, remove the 8 mm nut from the offending glow plug.
Next, using a 12 mm deep well socket, carefully remove the glow plug. Might need penetrating oil is probably a good idea. Some say warm the engine up helps.
They're supposed to have 1 ohm or less resistance.
Put some anti-sieze on the threads and started the new glow plug in the head by hand making sure not to cross the threads. Tighten to 18 ft/lb. Reinstall the connector and put the 8 mm nut back on the connector. There's also YouTube vidios.
Put the fender liner back in, clear the codes and you're done. Or they will go away after three good starts.

Last edited by G2GBY; 10-13-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
mastercraftka
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2GBY View Post
You spent $600 for a $17.53 part.
Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Code:P0675
Modules:ECM
Description:Glow Plug 5 Control Circuit
Where do you get low voltage from the discription of your code?
GM Part :12639701,GLOW PLUG,(ACDelco #9G). GLOW PLUG, Spark Ignition,GLOW PLUG, $17.53

The last digit in the code indicates the cylinder number.
On the Dmax, the cylinders are numbered starting from the passenger front 1-3-5-7 and the driver's front 2-4-6-8. So yours is #8 If its #4 It is easier to remove one end of the steering shaft and make sure you tie your steering wheel so it does not move
First, disconnect the batteries. Some people don't.
Remove the inner fender liner which is the biggest PITA of the whole process. just that there are about 10 clips holding it in and it's got a couple of big harnesses clipped to it from inside also. You can get a good view of all 4 glow plugs this way- they're right on top of the exhaust manifold and slightly angled towards the back of the engine. There will be one wire with an 8 mm nut holding it on
Next, remove the 8 mm nut from the offending glow plug.
Next, using a 12 mm deep well socket, carefully remove the glow plug. Might need penetrating oil is probably a good idea. Some say warm the engine up helps.
They're supposed to have 1 ohm or less resistance.
Put some anti-sieze on the threads and started the new glow plug in the head by hand making sure not to cross the threads. Tighten to 18 ft/lb. Reinstall the connector and put the 8 mm nut back on the connector. There's also YouTube vidios.
Put the fender liner back in, clear the codes and you're done. Or they will go away after three good starts.
Ok maybe i mixed it up with a different code.

I took the alternator off bc i had to change the belt and took it to napa and they said it failed so I guess that was coincidence? Three weeks ago my batteries were dead less than three years old. walmart said they were bad replaced them for free. I just figured that the alternator ruined the batteries?

2016 Cypress 42ft

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in