LML: p0234 p2263 p2599 towing up hill - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
johngeorge
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

p0234 p2263 p2599 towing up hill

Hi all,

I got P0234, P2263, P2599 when towing my 5th wheel up a hill on the highway, went into limp mode just as I am passing a big rig, ended up pulling over and resetting code and fixed issue. Trying to figure out how to fix this, it only happens when fully loaded trailer is getting towed up a long incline at highway speeds, so cant easily reproduce it.

Any ideas?

I've already replaced the turbo vane position sensor thinking that would fix it, but no deal, issue still happening.

p0234 engine overboost
p2263 turbocharger boost system performance
p2599 turbocharger boost control position sensor A performance stuck high

Towing Jayco Talon 5th-wheel toy hauler with FFR Daytona Coupe #48 Racecar inside all over east coast!
www.johngeorgeracing.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
johngeorge
Clutch

could it be the VGT control solenoid?

Towing Jayco Talon 5th-wheel toy hauler with FFR Daytona Coupe #48 Racecar inside all over east coast!
www.johngeorgeracing.com

Last edited by johngeorge; 04-14-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
CntrlCalDmax
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

P0234 - Turbocharger Engine Overboost
-Test the charge air cooler for leaks.
-Inspect the turbocharger oil supply tube for restrictions.
-Inspect the turbocharger and turbocharger ducts for debris, sticking vanes, worn impeller and turbine blades or damage.
-If the induction system, charge air cooler system, the turbocharger and the turbocharger oil supply test normal, replace the B74 MAP sensor.

P2263 - Turbocharger Boost System Performance
-Inspect the turbocharger oil supply tube for restrictions.
-Inspect the turbocharger and turbocharger ducts for debris, sticking vanes, worn impeller and turbine blades or damage.
-If the induction system, charge air cooler system, the turbocharger and the turbocharger oil supply test normal, replace the B74 MAP sensor.

P2599 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Performance - High Position
-Inspect the turbocharger for debris, sticking vanes, or damage.
-Inspect the Q41 turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve and B112 turbocharger Vane Position Sensor for damage or sticking.

2007 Mobile Suites 36' TK3 Demco Glide Ride Pin, weighs 17,500# loaded.

2007 GMC LBZ/ALY 4X4 SLT CC 3500 DRW - TransferFlow Tank Tool Box Combo, EFILive DSP5, MBRP, Fred's 1.5 spacers, BD Exhaust Brake.
2004 GMC LLY/ALY 4X4 SLT CC SB, EFIlive, Mike L SCIV, TRADED
2001 Chevy LB7/ALY 4X4 EC SB - SOLD to neighbor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
CntrlCalDmax
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How about creating a garage with pictures of the FFR Coupe. Would love to see some shots.

2007 Mobile Suites 36' TK3 Demco Glide Ride Pin, weighs 17,500# loaded.

2007 GMC LBZ/ALY 4X4 SLT CC 3500 DRW - TransferFlow Tank Tool Box Combo, EFILive DSP5, MBRP, Fred's 1.5 spacers, BD Exhaust Brake.
2004 GMC LLY/ALY 4X4 SLT CC SB, EFIlive, Mike L SCIV, TRADED
2001 Chevy LB7/ALY 4X4 EC SB - SOLD to neighbor
Old 04-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Has it been checked for boost leaks?
Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Old 04-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
johngeorge
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntrlCalDmax View Post
How about creating a garage with pictures of the FFR Coupe. Would love to see some shots.
There are a ton of pics on my website from its first track day outing racing / 2017 VIR March 24-26, 2017 | FFR#48 John George Racing

enjoy

www.johngeorgeracing.com
Old 04-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
johngeorge
Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
Has it been checked for boost leaks?
Ill look tonight. I dont remember hearing any leaks.

www.johngeorgeracing.com
Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
nayther
Diesel Fanatic

These were the same codes I was getting on my 2011 that Chevy lemoned. Do a search for my screen name or "overboost". I believe the final diagnosis was a bad turbo but they screwed around with it so much not authorizing the correct fix that it went into "lemon" territory. I believe the guide vanes were sticking. But the symptoms were exactly as you describe, uphill while pulling and then passing a big rig.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
jamilbk
Heat Sink

I had the exact same codes on my 2015 last year during the exact same conditions: towing uphill when passing bigrigs. Had it at WOT for probably a minute or two to maintain 65 while towing a 13k brick. I scanned and cleared the codes then took it to dealer. They wouldn't troubleshoot anything unless the codes were actively in the computer. Sigh.

A few months later I noticed my downpipe was leaking pretty bad and doing the whole white smoke during regen so I got that fixed.

Not sure if those are related but issue hasn't come back. At 72k miles now so I'd hate for turbo to completely go out outside of warranty...
Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
herbike
Gear Grinder

I am not getting any codes according to the dealer. Just won't pull like it did a month ago. 6 to 7 percent grade, pulled 20K gross with ease, now won't pull over 56 MPH. No explanation from the dealer. They cleaned the MAS sensor, that seems to help the mileage when I'm not pulling but drops off mileage and power when pull, don't know where to take it from here.

from our home to where ever we can play
with our Polaris RZR, KLR650 or Goldwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in