LML BIG TIME TROUBLE - Page 8 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #71 (permalink)
LMMOWNER
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LMMOWNER

This truck rides soooo much better then my 3500, its unreal. I have the wheels and tires sitting in the garage but I dont want to change anything because it rides like a dream...

Factory matched tinted front windows
HMI reflash/unlock

6.0 Chevrolet class car, big cam/tuned with EFI.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2016, 01:25 PM   #72 (permalink)
ColoradoTJ
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMOWNER View Post
Very nice sir. Looks very similar to my tow rig.

https://youtu.be/WxBPvkB0eXc
Old 12-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #73 (permalink)
gunnerdmax2003
Diesel Fanatic

Armed Forces Club-10075 Member

New Denali HD

very nice, i am getting jelly down in San Diego. Makes me want to trade my 2012 denali HD for a new white one. looks sick bro, hope you enjoy it!
Edge monitor, PCV rerouted, FASS 150, Def removed, AFE SS 4inch down pipe back exhaust, MBRP down pipe, WC FAB Y-bridge kit with hot and cold side inter cooling pipes(chevy racing orange), EGR removed, EFI Live by Korey Willis, AFE momentum HD 10R intake, mag hytec Deep pan , leveled by cognito stage 3 kit with UCA's. Caltrac traction bars, Kryptonite straight center link, tie rods, PISC kit, HD sway bar end links, Amsoil in both diffs.Toyo Open Country A/T II 295/60R20s (34x11.61R20) on SOTA REPR 20x9 machined.
previous truck:
2003 Chevy 2500HD dmax
edge with attitude, AFE intake, MBRP 4inch stainless
H2 rims 315/70/17 BFG AT's
Should have never got rid of her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 AM   #74 (permalink)
Murph1219
Diesel Newbie

Fact is deleting emissions equipment is illegal. You broke the law, hence GM is going to tell you to pack sand. Thank your nearest overreaching, corrupt and criminal bureaucrat for there draconian laws.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:29 AM   #75 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

Yeah, the very idea of polluting less is just crazy. GM needs a rollin-coal RPO code.
Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM   #76 (permalink)
Murph1219
Diesel Newbie

As a father to 3 children I like to keep pollution to a minimum, and spent $500 extra on my fathers gen 5 Camaro header install for a catted high flow x-pipe even though he lives in an area without emissions testing. However, explain to me how strip mining the earth for rare metals to create aftertreatment systems to severely restrict exhaust flow. The addition of a fuel injector directly in the exhaust that does no useful work, or driving extra miles to complete a regen, all of which burn MORE fuel, or the manufacture, distribution, and sale or urea (DEF) is good for the environment?
Old 12-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #77 (permalink)
Murph1219
Diesel Newbie

Nothing to do with the environment, and everything to do with more control and more money. The limits don't even make any sense, and contradict themselves. So particulates are bad and carcinogenic. So you up compression and injection pressures for a hot, efficient and complete combustion and drive particulates to near zero, but then NOX emissions rise, so add EGR (which is horrible on diesels) to lower O2 levels and cool combustion to lower NOX but particulates spike again. Add DPF to trap particulates and lose efficiency and burn extra fuel for no additional work. Add urea to kill the NOX, so your HD truck, that now burns more fuel, which directly contributes to more CO2, will actually improve air quality if driven through NYC. This is asinine and pure over regulation. The technology hasn't matured as evidenced by the amount of failures. Yes emissions need to improve as technology allows, but please explain to me how the drastic increase in complexity, additional equipment manufacture, and loss of efficiency is good for the environment?
Old 12-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #78 (permalink)
Murph1219
Diesel Newbie

To add insult, all of these manufacturers sell versions of this equipment overseas without the aftertreatment systems, that is cheaper to purchase, cheaper to maintain, and runs more efficiently, but emits slightly more harmful emissions (although less of them due to increased efficiency) all over the world. Last I checked we all live on the same planet, so pollution is pollution.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #79 (permalink)
wild1
Diesel Starter

I am on the fence about emissions. One the one hand we can run trucks in the shop now without exhaust stacks on them. Years ago if you started a truck in the shop you needed to either get it out right away or get a stack on it F'N quick. They would smoke out the shop in 10 seconds. In some places the air coming out of the exhaust is cleaner then what is going in if everything is working correctly. I love this part of it. Plus no smell etc.

No on the other hand there is so much more to go wrong and it does go wrong. If not under warranty it is very expensive to fix. We have most of this stuff figured out now but 5 years ago it was a PITA when something went wrong. Sometimes no one knew what was faulty with the system including the manufacturer and relied on guys like me to figure it out and once we did to let everyone else know what was going on. It was a very stressful time to be a mechanic. Each change they come out with every couple years meant we had to once again figure things out. But we are stuck with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in