900 mile regen trigger on 2016 - Page 4 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
ColoradoTJ
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I was wondering if I would see something when going into a DPF regeneration. Guess that answers that.

Good info on this site.

https://youtu.be/WxBPvkB0eXc
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #32 (permalink)
Kennedy
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The regen process is designed to be relatively transparent however the idle speed is increased which is a telltale. Having a monitor is a big plus.

BTW 3rd regen was 970-1000 miles again and 22g soot. Truck is used mostly county roads some highway and not towing a lot at present.

2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT [email protected] 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Kennedy Custom tuned 20+mpg and 700+ mile regen cycle with emissions parts intact
2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Short LTZ Kennedy Custom tuned 20+mpg and 1000+ mile regen cycle with emissions parts intact

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Pdhunter
Low Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
The regen process is designed to be relatively transparent however the idle speed is increased which is a telltale. Having a monitor is a big plus.

BTW 3rd regen was 970-1000 miles again and 22g soot. Truck is used mostly county roads some highway and not towing a lot at present.
Hi John,

So what is the "trigger" on yours that is higher than mine? Did you program it that way?

I have had 4 regens so far, 3 have been at 800 miles with less than 40 grams. So I assumed the trigger mileage was 800.

The fourth I programed just to see how to do it.

Thanks.

Jim

Its just for pickin' up chicks. I help them into the cab so they don't fall and break a hip, and away we go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2016, 12:58 AM   #34 (permalink)
wild1
Diesel Starter

Can you check the DEF level with your programmer?
Old 11-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #35 (permalink)
Kennedy
Supporting Vendor

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdhunter View Post
Hi John,

So what is the "trigger" on yours that is higher than mine? Did you program it that way?

I have had 4 regens so far, 3 have been at 800 miles with less than 40 grams. So I assumed the trigger mileage was 800.

The fourth I programed just to see how to do it.

Thanks.

Jim

I have been running my Kennedy Custom ECM programming on mine since near new. With my tuning I see regens at 1000 miles and low 20's soot levels. We do not have the ability to alter the preset regen triggers at this time so I can only report what mine is doing based on how it is.
2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT [email protected] 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Kennedy Custom tuned 20+mpg and 700+ mile regen cycle with emissions parts intact
2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Short LTZ Kennedy Custom tuned 20+mpg and 1000+ mile regen cycle with emissions parts intact

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #36 (permalink)
zert100
Low Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I have been running my Kennedy Custom ECM programming on mine since near new. With my tuning I see regens at 1000 miles and low 20's soot levels. We do not have the ability to alter the preset regen triggers at this time so I can only report what mine is doing based on how it is.

Any updates on how your truck is running with this tune? I'm definitely interested in a tune like this at some point. Warranty is a concern for me in the near term considering my truck is a '16 with under 10k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in