2015 Emissions = SOS - Page 16 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #151 (permalink)
Boostable
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Boostable Send a message via AIM to Boostable

AXE.. Beautiful Truck BTW!

Just thought I would mention, when I did my cognito lift one of my sensors had just enough slack in it to occasionally rub the tire on full tilt and damaged the wire. At quick glance it looked fine, but a more though inspection revealed the issue. Problem was intermittent as well.

Incase you guys didn't know it, Chevy dealers CAN and most will service your GMC truck as well. I have been taking my GMC's to a trusted Chevy service department for years with no issues. And I agree service is my loyalty draw, these days you can pretty much by a truck from anywhere, but as we all know, all service departments are not created equal.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #152 (permalink)
Tom S.
Diesel Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
The place I prefer to have my service work done, I have a lot of trouble with the sales department.
Not sure what kind of trouble you could have, unless it's not putting in the order or ordering the wrong thing. I walk in, tell what I want, they order it, and we're done until it comes in. If it's right, I sign the mountain of papers and if it's not, they either get it fixed or I walk.

Former Member #13 of the 3500 SRW Club

Press 1 for English - Press 2 to learn English - Press 3 for Immigration

"Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?" Unknown
Old 07-25-2016, 01:40 AM   #153 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss

I won't hammer on the dealer too much, even though the DEF leak it is likely due to careless install of the new parts. They have been very good to me over the years.

Case in point, I had some weird chunks of rubber coming off two Continental tires on my wife's 2015 Tahoe with only 22k on the clock. The dealer said they would warranty them for 50% of the value and I upgraded to a set of 4 Michelin LTX MS2 tires for $450. That saved me about $450+. Pretty good deal, I thought!
2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector

SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 01:43 AM   #154 (permalink)
AXE
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostable View Post
AXE.. Beautiful Truck BTW!

Just thought I would mention, when I did my cognito lift one of my sensors had just enough slack in it to occasionally rub the tire on full tilt and damaged the wire. At quick glance it looked fine, but a more though inspection revealed the issue. Problem was intermittent as well.

Incase you guys didn't know it, Chevy dealers CAN and most will service your GMC truck as well. I have been taking my GMC's to a trusted Chevy service department for years with no issues. And I agree service is my loyalty draw, these days you can pretty much by a truck from anywhere, but as we all know, all service departments are not created equal.

I have taken a look at my sensor wires and they are mounted out of the way an appear to have plenty of slack in them. The same trip where the truck had the DEF issues, I was in some pretty rutted out roads and had some clay build up on the tires, that could have affected the sensor wire, but it seems like they are solid and no cuts or tears.

I am going to pull the wheel and caliper and do a better inspection. I might just go buy the wire/sensor as they seem to be pretty inexpensive and drop a new one in.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ Duramax, CCSB, 4x4 - Cognito Stage II 6" lift, RBP Fury wheels and 295/65/20 Toyo MTs, DuramaxTuner SPADE, Air Dog II 4G lift pump, Firestone Air Bags/Air Lift Air Compressor, GM Assist Steps, MBRP exhaust tip, Passport 9500iX Radar Detector

SOLD 2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax, CCSB, 4x4

2017 Can Am Maverick Maxx, 2009 Tahoe 215Xi Deckboat, 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 Toyhauler, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in