Newbie with CP4 Questions - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
tm7554
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Newbie with CP4 Questions

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to diesel trucks. Picked up a 2011 lml with 49K miles. In doing the prelimanary research I was really tempted to go LMM after reading aboute CP4 stuff. Seems to be more of a Ford issue .........if one believes what he reads on the net anyway. My question is does GM cover the fuel pump issues under the powertrain warranty? Second question is, other than fuel filter maintenance, is there anything you can do to mitigate risk of HPFP failure and stay under warranty? What do you guys do out of warranyt to mitigate risk? Maybe i'm paranoid about nothing? Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Did your research find any cp4 issues on LML's?

Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
tm7554
Gear Grinder

There are some accounts on duramax forum. If I remember correctly all were covered under warranty. But that is where my question is. I get that the occurrence is rare. The VW and ford forums are lit up with the issue. Yes I'm sure the gm product uses better filtration but its still the same pump right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
redwngr
Diesel Expert

Better filtration (especially water) has been my assumption as well.
Sold 2004.5 LLY Sierra 4x4 ECLB SLE
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
EsBeeRR
Heat Sink

After having my HPFP replaced recently i brought up the same question about coverage to the dealer. I was told that yes the pump is covered under the powertrain as well as injectors.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
stoneys94
Low Boost

This is what I found on GMC website.
Powertrain Coverage

GMC will warrant each 2007 through 2013 model year GMC passenger car, light duty truck or van for 5 years or 100,000 miles/160,000 kms. with no deductible, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs which are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the Powertrain components as listed below:

Engine

Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are sensors, wiring, connectors, engine radiator, coolant hoses, coolant, and heater core. Coverage on the engine cooling system begins at the inlet to the water pump and ends with the thermostat housing and/or outlet that attaches to the return hose. Also excluded is the starter motor, entire pressurized fuel system (in-tank fuel pump, pressure lines, fuel rail(s), regulator, injectors, and return line) as well as the Engine/Powertrain Control Module and/or module programming.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
EsBeeRR
Heat Sink

From what i remember reading in a different post a while back that is for gasoline engines. For diesels most of the fuel system is covered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in