New Reflash from GM? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
BKC0812
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

New Reflash from GM?

I had my truck at the dealer today to get the oil changed and to check truck for any updates. The dealer called to tell me the truck was ready but I got there right at closing and didn't get to find much about the flash but he said that they reflashed the truck with the latest calibration which was addressing the regen issues. The work order says "calibration update to address concerns. Reflash PCM calibrations". The service manager already had the computer shut down but is going to call me tomorrow to tell me what the GM reflash bulletin said word for word. He just told me that it was a regen recalibration from what he read. I have two numbers on the work order but don't know if it is the bulletion number. (11-9324) or (F)88861009 (CONDITION)

ANY IDEAS???

Banks CAI with scoop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
rstone
Diesel Student

Most likely the reflash was for the DEF. I hope they have a fix for the regen cause my regen about every 250 miles. Let us know what the reflash was for

Old 12-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
maxx1015
Self Ignition

please let us ASAP hopefully it is for regen
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
BKC0812
Diesel Fanatic

It wasn't the DEF reflash because I already have the latest for that. The service manager said he spoke with GM to discuss my poor fuel mileage and frequent regens and the GM representative told them they have had some complaints of the same nature which was a drop in fuel economy and more frequent regens. They told the service manager to flash the truck to the new calibration which was just released.
Banks CAI with scoop
Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
maxx1015
Self Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC0812 View Post
It wasn't the DEF reflash because I already have the latest for that. The service manager said he spoke with GM to discuss my poor fuel mileage and frequent regens and the GM representative told them they have had some complaints of the same nature which was a drop in fuel economy and more frequent regens. They told the service manager to flash the truck to the new calibration which was just released.
tks for info do u have a reflash # that I can dealer to look for and what state r u in
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
BKC0812
Diesel Fanatic

I am in Eastern North Carolina. I havn't got the number yet but the dealer is suppose to call me today and tell me what the bulletin actually said and the number. I will post as soon as I find out. It may have been one of the numbers in myy first post but I am not sure.
Banks CAI with scoop
Old 12-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
BradL11LML
Self Ignition

My truck is in the shop today to get the exhaust down pipe "re-aligned"....don't have diesel leaking on the down pipe like previously when it was "aligned" to address the leaking diesel and regen smoke issue, but do have the awful burning soot smell again so think it was time for an alignment.

I'm wondering if I've had regen "gases" exiting the exhaust system upstream of the DPF, if that's an explanation for why the mileage between regens for me is only 400-425 miles versus the "advertised" once per tank or 600-700 miles, as I experienced early on with the truck. I'm now at about 20,000 miels on the clock.

Long story short, I'll post back if I have any regen update performed as well since I'm already in for a "regen" issue.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
BradL11LML
Self Ignition

I had my ECM reprogrammed as well today...."Diesel Exhaust Fluid Calibration Enhancements Campaign", V2399 Reprogram ECM.

I had just finished a regen prior to dropping off at the dealership, so will be interesting to see if I experience any increase in miles before the next regen event.

I also had a new clamp, part # 11611439, installed on the turbo exhaust pipe, per PI0235B, to address the awful soot smell I had been smelling over the last several regens, as the exhaust down pipe was not properly aligned again and the regen gases were venting upstream of the PDF again. I hadn't seen any diesel dripping off the exhaust, like before, but the tech said it had a fuel smell and oily susbstance again, so no telling how much diesel I've wasted over the past several regens.

Regen = PITA!

Perhaps these two items will give me some improved mpg.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
BKC0812
Diesel Fanatic

I called the dealer back today about the recalibration and he said it didn't have a bulletin number it was just the latest calibration from GM and it said "regen improvements". I told him I wanted the number to post on here so others could ask their dealer about it but he told me that you just need to ask for the latest calibration just released. If someone calls their dealer about it to verify let us know if it is a true calibration. I want to make sure the service manager isn't just telling me they did something to the truck to keep me happy for a little while.
Banks CAI with scoop
Old 12-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
maxx1015
Self Ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC0812 View Post
I called the dealer back today about the recalibration and he said it didn't have a bulletin number it was just the latest calibration from GM and it said "regen improvements". I told him I wanted the number to post on here so others could ask their dealer about it but he told me that you just need to ask for the latest calibration just released. If someone calls their dealer about it to verify let us know if it is a true calibration. I want to make sure the service manager isn't just telling me they did something to the truck to keep me happy for a little while.
u r not just blowing somke to get everyones hope up r u or is this true ..........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in