Anyone have a LML yet - Page 3 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
PFlorenzano
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PFlorenzano Send a message via Yahoo to PFlorenzano

I was debating on getting a used GMC 2500HD Extended Cab, but from all the enhancements of the 2011, and hopefully I can get an employee discount number + rebates, it may be best to purchase a new one.

I'm interested in the Extended Cab so it will be sometime in August, which would be great timing for me because both my existing truck and car will have to sell first. That will be my down payment money

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
chevyduramax
Glow Plug

Ive seen two at the Ford dealer here in Southwest Missouri south of springfield. They have had them for a month now and Ford motor co. was there to help release them.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
7fayette
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklonghorns View Post
The local ford dealership has two and they haven't sold one yet. I also just saw that someone dynoed a new 6.7 and it put 310 to the ground. For some reason I think the lmm put more to the ground than that but I am not sure.
310rwhp stock???

i think the LMM put 310 or 315 to the ground stock ( i may be wrong) but that is sad for ford if thats all they put down being rated at becuase they put alot of money and time in that motor and their still 3yrs behind the dmax now say the new LML put down 340rwhp stock then that would be quite impressive compared to the ford
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
7fayette
Diesel Head

check out this stuff on the torque vid..... http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011Supe...uel-efficiency do yall notice anything funny about this vid? and i know our trucks are alot quicker than this

Last edited by 7fayette; 05-05-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
mpriceduramax
Diesel Head

I was told today that we should see the first transport full of LML's in the beginning of july
Afe Stage II Intake Pro Dri Filter,Banks Big Head Wastegate,EFI Live Tuned By Wade at Diesel Day Dreams, Black Headlamps, 6000k HID's High's/Low's/Fog's,4" Straight W/ 5" Black Chrome Tip,Leveled with 295/70/17 NITTO T/G,Chrome Delete, Complete Color Match,17" America Racing Black Mojave, FASS 150gph Lift Pump, Diesel Day Dreams Built Tranny W/ Co-pilot, MAG HYTEC PAN, 5Star Converter **Thanks Wade**, MAG HYTECH Rear Diff Cover, Cognito HD Tie Rods,
GMC Parts Slinger
WWW.COLORADOSANDCARS.COM

Last edited by mpriceduramax; 05-05-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
vettelovralexand
Diesel Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to vettelovralexand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7fayette View Post
check out this stuff on the torque vid..... http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011Supe...uel-efficiency do yall notice anything funny about this vid? and i know our trucks are alot quicker than this
I notice 2 things in that video. 1st, the dodge apparently didn't have any oil pressure. 2nd, the Ford was accelerating through the starting line whereas the others were steady at 30 prior to the start. And it would appear that they chose 30 mph to make sure the Chevy was immediately after a shift point.
2005 Extended Cab Short Bed 4X4 LS Duramax/Allison-Hypertech Level 3, 285 Michelin LTX AT2, Amsoil Fluids, Full LBZ intake, MBRP 4" Downpipe back, EGR Blocked, Boost Stick, Line-X Bedliner, Full Weatherguard Saddle and Lo Side Boxes
2006 Regular Cab Long Bed 4x4 LBZ/Allison, Farm Truck only, Line-X Bedliner, Weatherguard Saddle Box
http://DMAXSTORE.com

Last edited by vettelovralexand; 05-05-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
7fayette
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettelovralexand View Post
I notice 2 things in that video. 1st, the dodge apparently didn't have any oil pressure. 2nd, the Ford was accelerating through the starting line whereas the others were steady at 30 prior to the start. And it would appear that they chose 30 mph to make sure the Chevy was immediately after a shift point.

i didnt notice the speed thing, but i do now thx but what i noticed was the tow haul was off on the duramax witch i think makes pulling a trailer slower ( to me) and on the ford by the rpm's the tow haul had to be on
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

on the trailer sway test I guarantee they shut off the silverado's stabilitrak, which has been available since 2009. Dodge still doesnt have any form of electronic stability control, and Ford didnt get it until 2011!!

OK NO, sorry ford, the 2009-2010 stabilitrak isnt directly marketed/intended to control trailer sway like the 2011 silverado's stabilitrak is designed for, but STILL...if they had left stabilitrak on for that "fair" test, I guarantee it would have controlled trailer sway better. Not as well as the ford (because like I said, the 2009-2010 stabilitrak on the GM HD trucks was only designed to properly control a truck alone), but It would have done better than fords test would have suggested.

and how the ford engineer says "nope, not offered on chevy or dodge!!". If he really wanted to be fair and not sit there yapping like a fat hillbilly, he SHOULD have said "well the silverado does have electronic stability control (they had it 2 years before ford did), but it does not incorporate trailer sway control technology". That would have been perfect...tells the truth, but also, to keep ford happy, makes it look like they still have the edge.

Trailer sway control and stability control are like brother and sister...for ford to say "the 2010 silverado does not have anything like this" is retarded.

ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
on the trailer sway test I guarantee they shut off the silverado's stabilitrak, which has been available since 2009. Dodge still doesnt have any form of electronic stability control, and Ford didnt get it until 2011!!

OK NO, sorry ford, the 2009-2010 stabilitrak isnt directly marketed/intended to control trailer sway like the 2011 silverado's stabilitrak is designed for, but STILL...if they had left stabilitrak on for that "fair" test, I guarantee it would have controlled trailer sway better. Not as well as the ford (because like I said, the 2009-2010 stabilitrak on the GM HD trucks was only designed to properly control a truck alone), but It would have done better than fords test would have suggested.

and how the ford engineer says "nope, not offered on chevy or dodge!!". If he really wanted to be fair and not sit there yapping like a fat hillbilly, he SHOULD have said "well the silverado does have electronic stability control (they had it 2 years before ford did), but it does not incorporate trailer sway control technology". That would have been perfect...tells the truth, but also, to keep ford happy, makes it look like they still have the edge.

Trailer sway control and stability control are like brother and sister...for ford to say "the 2010 silverado does not have anything like this" is retarded.

ben
Ben, I will correct you a little bit. Even with Stabilitrak on, the vehicle would have behaved the same way. The trailer oscililating does not generate enough lateral acceleration make Stabilitrak active. I would say this testing is legit but, I'm sure they won't compare 2011 vs. 2011. I would hope that Chevy marketing does.

Trailer sway is one of those systems that is not real fun to test or calibrate.

Last edited by MTU alum; 05-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
clarkely
Diesel Apprentice

My LML is on Order

My Preliminary Order Detail was pulled on 4/29/10.

Crew cab Long bed.

Like others said before, you can order, you just cant get a price on it yet.....

I will have a Clean Sweet 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban up 4 sale as soon as i get a delivery date on the Pick up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in