new ENGINE section - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
cbiers
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

there wouldn't be a engine/model change yet if the wonderful emmisions standards (mandated by the government) didn't require all kinds of extra crap added to an engine to make it comply. And a by-product is worse fuel mileage, added maintenence expense, shorter engine life! Wonderful! Makes me sick.......

'08 GMC 3500HD SRW Reg Cab, LMM, Allison, H2 wheels, Hankook DynaPro ATM RF-10 285-70R17, LineEx liner, Insight monitor, Stealth 2 programmer - stock tune no dpf only, Weatherguard tool box, BD manifold, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust, Egr blocker plate, PCV reroute kit, Nicktane filter kit -Cat 2 micron, Nicktane OEM filter Adapter with small 1 micron filter
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
SLT223
Diesel Boss

I predict LBZ's will be going up in value.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
hhhsharps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post
+

Yeah.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post

eh I highly doubt it.

Its not like 95% of the diesel consumers out there know (or care) the difference between the different emissions-levels of the recent diesels. Remember we (guys who know about this stuff) represent such a small portion of GM's diesel consumer base. I think a lot of people here (on diesel place and diesel forums) just take for granted that they know about the diesel emissions, DPF's etc...and just assume its common widespread knowledge that, for example, an LBZ is more desirable than a brand new diesel with all the emissions garbage. Also, its not like bluebook (which is how 90% of used truck buyers and sellers figure on a price simply because they themselves dont know any better) takes into account desirability or a vehicle based on what emissions equipment it has.......

When the 2010 LML's come out, your average new potential GM diesel buyer is gonna come along and say "ok I have an extra 55 grand burning a hole in my pocket, I could have a shiny brand new one or I could have a 4 year old truck that basically has a 9 year old body style...hmmm"

Theyre probably gonna take the new truck.

ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive

Last edited by DURAtotheMAX; 07-24-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
SLT223
Diesel Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
eh I highly doubt it.

Its not like 95% of the diesel consumers out there know (or care) the difference between the different emissions-levels of the recent diesels. Remember we (guys who know about this stuff) represent such a small portion of GM's diesel consumer base. I think a lot of people here (on diesel place and diesel forums) just take for granted that they know about the diesel emissions, DPF's etc...and just assume its common widespread knowledge that, for example, an LBZ is more desirable than a brand new diesel with all the emissions garbage. Also, its not like bluebook (which is how 90% of used truck buyers and sellers figure on a price simply because they themselves dont know any better) takes into account desirability or a vehicle based on what emissions equipment it has.......

When the 2010 LML's come out, your average new potential GM diesel buyer is gonna come along and say "ok I have an extra 55 grand burning a hole in my pocket, I could have a shiny brand new one or I could have a 4 year old truck that basically has a 9 year old body style...hmmm"

ben
That's a good point. I should have said, "An 07 LBZ will be more desirable to me."

Last edited by SLT223; 07-25-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Team Overkill
Diesel Boss

Illinois Diesel Power (IDP) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
eh I highly doubt it.

ben

06 GMC 2500 Dmax CCSB 4x4-Daily Driver/Tow rig
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
LWATSON
Diesel Expert

NC Dmax's Member

I bought my LBZ 2 months before the LMM's came out. I liked the new body style and all the new bells and whistles but I just could'nt bring myself to buy the truck because of all the new emissions stuff.
2006 Silverado LT1 CC/SB 4x4 LBZ / DA trans, DA/Precision high stall converter, EFI Live DSP5 by Diesel Addiction, Billet S475, Exergy 60% overs, custom Y-bridge, EGR delete, 3" boost tubes, Fuelab lift pump, tierod sleeves, cognito braces, Dipricol boost and EGT guages, pillar mount, Banks monster exhaust, PVC reroute, Watson Fab traction bars

sold 2003 GMC Sierra CC/SB 4x4 6-gun speedloader big head afe stage 2 Banks monster exhaust
sold 2002 Silverado CC/SB 4x4 stock

Member #24 NC DMAX'S

8.04 @ 83.75- 1.72 60' Best 1/8 with stock turbo
[email protected] 85.6 -1.61 60' with S475 and Drag Radials
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chevy1925
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiers View Post
there wouldn't be a engine/model change yet if the wonderful emmisions standards (mandated by the government) didn't require all kinds of extra crap added to an engine to make it comply. And a by-product is worse fuel mileage, added maintenence expense, shorter engine life! Wonderful! Makes me sick.......
hmmm sounds like the 1970s for all the gas trucks and cars. funny how things can come back around lol
Revived from the dead 7:04pm 4/9/2012

EFI Live race tune = 465hp/930tq (bad CP3 still)
EPR Twins= 750hp/1400tq
F.A.B.T.E.C.H. owner club member
Old 08-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Georgia Diesel Owners Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

I guess thats another reason to keep my 04 GMC with over 267k miles under the hood. No emissions at all.....let the black smoke roll
2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
neilltz
Diesel Head

Quote:
last time i checked if i delcare bankruptcy i loose every thing, ain't no different
Actually there are some differences. Just for example, you're not a corporation so your individual bankruptcy would be handled different, legally. You don't owe billions to other corporations. You don't provide employment to tens of thousands. When you go bankrupt, it doesn't affect millions of people.

And...from my experiences in life...seems that everyone around me who have overspent and lived high, then filed bankruptcy, seems to be doing still better than me. I don't get it. Seems like some people always have life going for them. At least what I've seen. I've never seen anyone declare bankruptcy and then have to ride a bicycle and eat rice and beans for the rest of their life. They usually turn around pretty quick. I know one guy who had filed 3 times, has a house nicer than mine, a truck nicer than mine, a ski boat, a motorcycle and an RV. I bust my rear every single day and have never been jobless. But I can't afford all that.

I don't agree with the bailout which resulted in bankruptcy anyhow as everyone predicted. I don't agree with Feds getting into any of this private sector market. But GM is still in business and can't just quit developing products. They HAVE to develop new stuff!!!! The vehicles they have now are POOR sellers.

1991.5 Dodge D250 LE
Reg Cab Long Bed 2WD
Cummins, 4spd 46RE Auto

Last edited by neilltz; 08-12-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in