2010 Duramax 6.6L LML - Page 15 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fifth Generation: 2011-2016 (LML) Discuss the fifth generation (2011-2016) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #141 (permalink)
x2desmit
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrkav View Post
Dave, I mostly ignore anti-worker ravings like yours but you are over the top. What country do you live in? You are going to send your money over to build other countrys? Do you work or own a business in this country? I know you are probably real smart and good looking too. But when you or a loved one leave your gated community someday for a gallon of milk and find yourself looking down the barrell of a gun, it might be too late to consider this.
What????? None of that made any sense.

He's right. GM was bailed out because of the UAW, not because they are necessary.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 02:23 AM   #142 (permalink)
Oregonnovaguy
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2desmit View Post
What????? None of that made any sense.

He's right. GM was bailed out because of the UAW, not because they are necessary.
Absolutely right. Had GM been allowed to go bankrupt last year, they would have been released from their crippling UAW contracts, and would have reorganized to be a much stronger company today; instead Obama paid back his union contributors, and has assumed control of GM; it will probably never be the same again. BTW, anti-union is NOT anti-worker.

2007.5 Silverado LTZ / Z-71, 4x4, Crew Cab SB, Silver Birch/ Ebony Leather, , 150k + miles, , etc. Gearbox Z, Air Lifts
Montana High Country 310RE
My Other other Car: 70 Nova SS 350, 4 speed, posi, Fathom Blue, frame-off resto, original owner!
Previous Trucks: '03 Silverado CC gasser 4x4, '99 Sierra Ext. Cab 4x4, '77 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4, '76 Datsun 620.

Read the DISCLAIMER in my garage.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #143 (permalink)
dave snyder
Self Ignition

I know that my reply was slightly off topic for this thread but it is arguably relevant to ANY discussion on this forum.

Thank you moderators for NOT moving this thread to some obscure place where nobody will read it.

JMRKAV, My intent is not to insult or offend you or anyone else with my comments. Apparently others have reached similar conclutions as mine. It's tempting to make inflamatory responses such as yours in leu of taking the time to think about the substance of the discussion. Too many times replies like yours are thrown out by those who seek only an emotionally charged response so that they may then engage in some name calling rant.
I.E. suggesting that I don't live in the same reality that you and everyone else does ( Gated Community)Or that I'm unpatriotic (sending my $ overseas)

I've been down that road before.....

QUESTION:

What's the difference if I buy a Toyota and the sales dollars support American families with some of those dollars going overseas Or If I buy a GM product which supports American families and none of those dollars go overseas???

ANSWER:

A)The difference is that in buying the "American product" some of the sales dollars go to support the UAW and in turn support the DUDS in DC who then piss it away and have to sell our debt to folks like the Chineese who would be very happy to financially control our country and in turn YOU and ME!

B)The sales dollars that go tho the Japanese get reinvested in new production facilities, like the Tundra plant in Texas, and employ humdreds of American workers!

"B" is how our system SHOULD work but it dosen't. Instead we have "A", it's broke!
Continue to support it in it's current state and it will continue to stay broke

I deal with American businesses, mostly manufacturing, for a living. I've seen first hand how the situation that I've described hurts the businesses and the American workers who work for them.

I would ask that instead of getting mad think about the situation at hand take some time to think about it and you will be able to connect the same dots that I and others have connected.
I learned a long time ago that just because somebody is telling me something that I don't like hearing doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't true. The sooner you can see a situation for what it is, the sooner you can take corrective action. The DUDS in DC count on people keeping their heads in the sand and refusing to look ant further than at the surface.

Supporting something based only on what you think it represents is shortchanging your own intelligence.Buying on brand loyalty is foolish. The Blue Oval guys kept buying on brand loyalty for years and look at what it got them.... The 6.0L Powerstroke. Widely regarded as a "problematic" engine. But they kept buying so Ford kept giving them what they wanted.

I just used Toyota as an example but if they make a better mousetrap......
That will only force the others to change or die.

Likewise if you choose to send your sales dollars to support an organization who does NOT propagate the kind of back door corruption that our beloved UAW has come to represent then they will have to change or die.
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #144 (permalink)
superwagon
Clutch

Well said!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #145 (permalink)
Oregonnovaguy
Diesel Pro

The overall situation is even worse.
Go here: http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/02/...the-blago-way/

2007.5 Silverado LTZ / Z-71, 4x4, Crew Cab SB, Silver Birch/ Ebony Leather, , 150k + miles, , etc. Gearbox Z, Air Lifts
Montana High Country 310RE
My Other other Car: 70 Nova SS 350, 4 speed, posi, Fathom Blue, frame-off resto, original owner!
Previous Trucks: '03 Silverado CC gasser 4x4, '99 Sierra Ext. Cab 4x4, '77 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4, '76 Datsun 620.

Read the DISCLAIMER in my garage.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #146 (permalink)
dave snyder
Self Ignition

We need to keep this going.

How can we get it moved to a place of higher visibility on this forum??
Old 01-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #147 (permalink)
yamahdave
Gear Grinder

I too am a diesel tech, and own a 2002 LB7, and I find a pyrometer very handy when I am towing in the rocky mountains here in colorado. I beg to differ and think an egt is essential, I only run 65 extra horsepower and once forgot to remove the grille cover on a 35 degree day and watched the egt bury itself and I quickly removed the cover and everything went back to normal. So i believe even in stock or close to it you could damage a turbo when towing under the right conditions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in