Diesel Place banner

Where do I find purple seat belts for drivers side on a 1994 K3500

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  jrsavoie 
#1 · (Edited)
Where do I find a purple seat belt for drivers side on a 1994 K3500.

My retractor is not retracting.

If it was the passenger side, I wouldn't worry about it

#2 ·
Make that maroon or burgundy

#4 ·
You may get lucky and find a set on ebay as well..

Reactions: jrsavoie
#5 ·
Check local or close by CL for parting truck/suburban.

I think they are the same from 88-98 diesel and gasser.

#6 · (Edited)
1994 GMC maroon seat belt

Search for that on Ebay. Theres a few options on there. Looks like the make the older style new havnt seen this style yet.

#7 ·
The retractor on my 1994 K3500 is not retracting Any recommendations on where to buy

The retractor on my 1994 K3500 is not retracting

Any recommendations on where to buy a replacement or how to fix this one?

I was looking for a how on fixing, removing or replacing the retractor.

Haven't found anything yet.

#8 ·
The retractor on my 1994 K3500 is not retracting

Any recommendations on where to buy a replacement or how to fix this one?

I was looking for a how on fixing, removing or replacing the retractor.

Haven't found anything yet.
Do you mean the Seat Belt Retractor?

#9 ·
Still looking. I'm surprised there isn't an aftermarket to buy. or at least I haven't found any yet

#10 ·
Found some good info on an Ebay ad. These are not all the same.
I have bucket seats in a 1994 K3500 Crew cab

I have a Bendix E20071LH

Includes 1 male retractor only as shown.

This is the Left front Drivers side retractor.

Fits 88-94 see notes below.

Fits GMC and Chevy pick up trucks 88-94 with our upper snap cover and long bolt.

Fits 95-98 with your with upper snap cover and short bolt, but remember the burgundy then was much darker for those years.

Yours must be Bendix or allied brand seat belts.

Fits bench or bucket seat, but has to be Standard cab, 2 door only.

Fits Chevy GMC C1500 C2500 K1500 K2500 2 door regular cab only, 88-94.

Also fits Chevy, GMC WT standard, Base and standard cab models, C3500, K3500 regular cabs as well as Cab and Chassis models.

Please verify the look of yours as TRW looks similar but doers not work, see last photo example for comparison.

Two different style seat belt manufactures were used on Chevy and GM from 1988-1994.

TRW style belts are typically in 88-94, Bendix and Bendix style-allied are typically in 88-99, but there are exceptions and overlaps and possible seat belt change overs from previous owners.

See last two pictures for comparison only, one way to tell what you have is to look at the male end, the inside Bendix hole will be more rectangular and the TRW hole is more square.

TRW and Bendix seat belts will NOT work together (they will not latch together).

Again this is for bench seat only with Bendix seat belts and standard cab.

Belts have been cleaned but may need some spot cleaning as per taste.

Rest with normal scuffs, scratches and dings, some wear along the edge of one belt, as pictured.

Item has been cleaned.

Will make a good working retractor for you.

Does NOT fit any suburban.

No upper plastic snap cover or bolt for 95-99, you can re-use your old one but again color may be different compared to those years.

Reactions: OkDually
#11 ·
#12 ·
Yep. The seat belt retractor is what I meant. I didn't realize I had started 2 threads.

One thread can be deleted

I ordered from here for 5001229SINGLE
1988-98 Chevy/GMC Standard Cab Truck Seat Belt (1 x 139.95) $139.95 29SINGLE Webbing Colors: 29 - Red Wine (1 x 0.00) + $0.00 Subtotal: $139.95 Shipping: $13.45 Tax: $0.00 Total: $153.40: https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/

Found some good info on an Ebay ad. These are not all the same.
I have bucket seats in a 1994 K3500 Crew cab

I have a Bendix E20071LH

Includes 1 male retractor only as shown.

This is the Left front Drivers side retractor.

Fits 88-94 see notes below.

Fits GMC and Chevy pick up trucks 88-94 with our upper snap cover and long bolt.

Fits 95-98 with your with upper snap cover and short bolt, but remember the burgundy then was much darker for those years.

Yours must be Bendix or allied brand seat belts.

Fits bench or bucket seat, but has to be Standard cab, 2 door only.

Fits Chevy GMC C1500 C2500 K1500 K2500 2 door regular cab only, 88-94.

Also fits Chevy, GMC WT standard, Base and standard cab models, C3500, K3500 regular cabs as well as Cab and Chassis models.

Please verify the look of yours as TRW looks similar but doers not work, see last photo example for comparison.

Two different style seat belt manufactures were used on Chevy and GM from 1988-1994.

TRW style belts are typically in 88-94, Bendix and Bendix style-allied are typically in 88-99, but there are exceptions and overlaps and possible seat belt change overs from previous owners.

See last two pictures for comparison only, one way to tell what you have is to look at the male end, the inside Bendix hole will be more rectangular and the TRW hole is more square.

TRW and Bendix seat belts will NOT work together (they will not latch together).

Again this is for bench seat only with Bendix seat belts and standard cab.

Belts have been cleaned but may need some spot cleaning as per taste.

Rest with normal scuffs, scratches and dings, some wear along the edge of one belt, as pictured.

Item has been cleaned.

Will make a good working retractor for you.

Does NOT fit any suburban.

No upper plastic snap cover or bolt for 95-99, you can re-use your old one but again color may be different compared to those years.

Reactions: OkDually
#14 ·
No lock on this one. It appears the rewind spring on the retractor is kaput

#16 ·
Now I need a whole new seat.

I did not care a whole lot for the seat belt kit I got. Each person has to adjust the belt for length. PIA

If anybody sees a better aftermarket seat belt. Let me know

I need a maroon drivers seat for 1994 Chevy K3500 4 door/crew cab truck. Has buckets with console

It's electric now, But I am more concerned about just finding a seat that goes forward and back

What all vehicles can I get a seat from?

north east Illinois

#18 ·
I got a seat base today at Mecca Salvage, Mecca, Indiana.

I think I saw gray seat belts there. Pretty sure - they had quite a few GMT400's.

Might get a hold of them and see if they would ship. Seemed like pretty good people.

I picked up an OEM seat belt for my truck, so I will probably be selling the burgundy/maroon aftermarket seat belt I bought if anybody is interested.

I have to get the fresh purchase installed and test it out before I sell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.