Codes 33, 44, and 68, Vin code F with 3 solenoids? EGR/Vac pump delete Please Help! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.5L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.5 GM diesel engine & associated components. Automatic transmission questions & problems belong in the 4L80/85 - 4L60E - 6L90 Transmission Forum

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Codes 33, 44, and 68, Vin code F with 3 solenoids? EGR/Vac pump delete Please Help!

Hoping i can get some answers I've been doing research for over 2 weeks and well here i am. I think i have a bad vacuum pump, I bought the truck from this guy with 217k on it, I dont regret it, but man this truck needed more than i expected. I just wanna get my 6.5L running like a champ.

1995 2500 light duty 6.5L TD, relocated PMD (failed when i got it home..), Vin Code F but i have a vacuum pump, an EGR and 3 solenoids on the valve cover. not sure what else is needed?

using my fathers snapon scan tool I am getting 3 codes 33, 44, 68. the SES is intermittent as I am driving I get code 68 and 33, depending on what seems like RPM 33 comes and goes with the SES light. at idle i get SES for code 44. driving down the road with the scanner 68 seemed to stay but it doesnt seem like the transmission is slipping, The truck will not shift into OD, however the truck will shift 1st thru 3rd, or at least it runs like it does. I've used it to tow my race car and it tows great, so i really don't think the tranny is slipping, but i really want to fix OD so i can drive this thing on the high way.

anyways I put a vacuum gauge on the turbo waste gate because it wasnt building boost on the guage and was only getting like 4 mmHG so i really suspect the vacuum pump is on the way out the door. thats when i bought an eyelet bolt and a spring and deleted the waste gate and my turbo is now mechanical(7-9 PSI at peak is how i have it set atm). however I don't know what the vacuum is at the pump(i can check tomorrow). What I'd like to do is DELETE the vacuum pump and get the belt off a 93. I have a vin code F but for some reason I have 3 solenoids on the valve cover and an EGR?

if my waste gate is mechanical, can i take the vacuum line off the EGR, plug it (until i can get a new intake and a chip from heath for an EGR delete) and delete the vacuum pump this weekend? also if i do this would i suffer any driveability issues? I realize the SES might be on till i got the chip. I'm hoping someone who's done this could really point me in the right direction. I love simple, and the less electrical BS the better and id love to remove all the vacuum lines and the 3 solenoids if that's possible. Also Code 44 for the EGR pulse width error paired with code 33 sounds like a bad vacuum pump right?

any help would be so appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
grabowski
Whistle Pigs Are Cool

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

The Suburban Club Member

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-...um-system.html

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/3650433-post3.html

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/7233738-post10.html

https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/7279514-post15.html

Midland Diesel rebuilt 5221 Blue Label IP with ULSD Upgrade & rebuilt Bosch injectors @ 2200psi. 235-85 on 16" PYO alloys. Bilstein HDs, Hellwig rear sway bar. Heath TM. Fluidampr. S&B oiled filter Intake, Provent 200 W/catchcan. Bosch Duraterm GP W/PT Solutions GP harness. WJ FTB. AC Delco Tstat & Red Line Water Wetter. hxtasy PMD #2 resistor on Heath Isolator 4. LS 1/2" oil cooler & lines. OPS Relay Mod & Leroys Hose. Diamond Eye exhaust. Heath 2.5" crossover. W/T Grille. VDO EGT & Vac/Boost gauge with copper line & Leroys Boost Bolt.

- 12-13-16 Out Of Commission @ 194,680k, 50 miles after Teds Mil Takeout Install. Bad noises in the motor.
- 12-29-16 #7 lifters and pushrods replaced and still sounds like a metal trash can half full of hammers rolling down a scree field.
- 03-01-17 @ 194,802 miles she's no longer mine.

12-28-2016: I no longer recommend Badger/kr_services and Ted's Trucks

Last edited by grabowski; 04-29-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

that first one is helpful, thanks for that!

as to the second Link I've seen that one, what still gets me is that I have vin code F, but an S instake and that whole 9, probably something stupid like 1995.5 lol?

i think now that I'm a member going back to view the posts with photos may be helpful lol.

Still no idea on code 68, did you happen to know if there was a post about that in relation to no OD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Glagulator
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

On the RPO tag in the glove box do you see L65 or L56?

99 CREW LONG SRW C3500 work truck 199k+ mi. orig. motor & trans 4.10, modded engine harness, new oil cooler & lines, all new front end parts and poly bushings, trans poly mount, all new brakes.
96 SUBURBAN K2500 wife's truck 210k+ mi. orig. motor & trans, 3.73...
95 C2500 Suburban 6.5td HO w/p, timing set, HB & pulley, all rubber hoses, modded engine & main harness, converted to OBD2, PMD to bumper...
95 C1500 Suburban 6.5td rebuild tranny, convert to DB2, replacing as many parts as I can.
96 C2500 Suburban 7.4L converting to 6.5td w/ DB2, 4L80, 3.73
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glagulator View Post
On the RPO tag in the glove box do you see L65 or L56?
I'm going to go check, the trucks 10 mins away from me. Where in the glove box would i find this?

Be right back with this bit of info
Old 04-29-2016, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

L56
Old 04-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Glagulator
Diesel Superstar

L56 is the "S" engine. On that same tag should be the VIN number for your truck.
Is the 8th character an F or an S and does it match the VIN tag on the dash?

99 CREW LONG SRW C3500 work truck 199k+ mi. orig. motor & trans 4.10, modded engine harness, new oil cooler & lines, all new front end parts and poly bushings, trans poly mount, all new brakes.
95 C2500 Suburban 6.5td HO w/p, timing set, HB & pulley, all rubber hoses, modded engine & main harness, converted to OBD2, PMD to bumper...
95 C1500 Suburban 6.5td rebuild tranny, convert to DB2, replacing as many parts as I can.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

Actually yes, well thats what i get for a quick glance the first time. S i have an S(obviously), my VIN has an F in it for the record lol. phew okay that answers my stupid question lol.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Glagulator
Diesel Superstar

With the DTC's 33 and 44 the PCM simply shuts down the EGR system, you should not have any drivability issues, just that annoying SES light.
The DTC 68 needs to be addressed.
Try driving it in 3rd gear, not DRIVE, see if 68 shows up. DTC 68 should not set if
not in 4th gear (DRIVE).
Might be a bad TCC solenoid, or wiring problem.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Skyviper
Diesel Fanatic

I agree DTC 68 needs to be addressed, I'm really hoping its something simple.

Okay So tomorrow morning I'm going to reset to codes and I'll take it for a spin in 3rd. I will confirm this for you tomorrow morning.

if its a wiring problem (i still need to figure out what the TCC solenoid is) what will i be looking for at the connector? is there a test i can do?

1995 2500 Light Duty "S" motor, New PMD relocated, 4" Exhaust with bed stack(bought like that), with the cross over pipe, Leroys Carter lift pump w/harness and WTS priming, 2 new Interstate Batteries, F Intake, vacuum pump deleted, home made turbo master, new heads/gaskets/injectors 1/2/18, HO water pump, duramax fan upgrade, harmonic balancer and pulley,

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in