Switching from bench to bucket seats. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.5L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.5 GM diesel engine & associated components. Automatic transmission questions & problems belong in the 4L80/85 - 4L60E - 6L90 Transmission Forum

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 07:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
StuMesa
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Switching from bench to bucket seats.

Good morning guys,
After googling I can find almost nothing regarding switching out my 40-60 bench seat for 2 bucket seats from a 96 Sierra. I have a 94 extended cab SLE. Anyone done this before and what problems did you run into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMD relocated brand unknown
Hot Air intake lol
SSDiesel CDR valve, oil cooler lines
Trans, Turbo gauges
should have full exhaust Diamond Eye next month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Snotrockett
Diesel Apprentice

I can't imagine it would be that big of a problem. Even if the 4 middle holes aren't drilled in the front, after you have the risers bolted on the outside it should be a snap.

I'm going to be combing the junkyard here sometime soon in the future to see if I can't get some newer model buckets into my truck. Maybe even replace the rear seat.

Speaking of risers, make sure you get them with your donor seats. A lot of times people/junkers unbolt them from the risers.

1998 K1500 Silverado. Stock.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
StuMesa
Low Boost

Yeah I was surprised how many good looking sets of them I've found on Craigslist, little pricey but maybe 350 ain't bad for the seats and console. I just look at it as it'll cost as much for them as for the entire exhaust lol but I appreciate the feedback and I'll make sure they do!

Hot Air intake lol
Trans, Turbo gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
prichmon
Diesel Apprentice

On my 1994 I went the other weay for 6 passenger seating in my xtra cab. Biggest change is drilling a few holes since not all line up.
1994 GMC Yukon 6.5td, 4l80e, HX40wii 369K miles, ssdiesel pmd on heat sink behind grill, custom exhaust, flow master crossover and DP, 14 bolt 3.42 No slip Powertrax rear. Buddy chip for the HX, walbro lift pump; aux tranny cooler, bosch glow plugs, aux 2 micron fuel filter, high cap. tranny pan, aux tranny filter, ARP Head studs, K47 air box, SS step bars, front end and brakes rebuilt, 3/4 ton calipers, Bosch injectors, Feed the Beast, Fuel psi gauge, EGT, trans temp, Boost gauges, new fuel tank and sock, and the addiction continues.....

SOLD...1994 c1500 ext cab sb 6.5td, 4l80e auto, 200K miles,

SOLD....1995 K1500 ext cab sb 6.5td, 4l80e auto, 286K miles,
Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
StuMesa
Low Boost

Which set up do you like better? I never have more than 1 or 2 people in mine so the need for the middle seat ain't really there, and the passenger in the front is always slipping and sliding all over the seat on turns in the 60-40 I have now.. Figured buckets would make it more comfortable for longer rides too

Hot Air intake lol
Trans, Turbo gauges
Old 03-09-2016, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
nsdtk
Diesel Nut

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

I swapped my 1995 bench seat for 2004 buckets, Had to make some risers due to floor pan clearance, But those should fit. I had to drill the inner holes out, On the passenger side theirs a access panel ( under the truck) you have to bend out of the way to reach one of the bolts.
1994 Chevy C3500 6.5L NV4500 ,Outrider by Unique Conversion.Dually club # 1077, DE exhaust, Pressure Referenced Wastegate, LED upgrade in progress, In cab Dorman PMD, optical sensor filter removed ( shocked when i saw it was in there). LP Relay mod. Ate a valve, 117,900 Miles. RIP Engine #1,now 2016 GEP Optimizer powered and QuadStar tuned.
1995 GMC C1500 non turbo 6.5L 4L60E xVDOT truck. High Idle mod. Grey PMD on a FSD sync #9 resistor. Vaccum pump removed. No more EGR. Air intake opened up. 3 inch exaust on a high flow muffler. New push rods, Rockers arms at 246k. Was over10,000ths wear on the rocker arms.1998 style High Flow oil pump installed. Spins tires with little throttle again. 6.2 Injectors.Back running 80mph @ 21mpg. All this and now it won't roll black smoke at all. Just acts like a rocket ship 2004 Leather bucket seats from a Tahoe installed. That was a engineering fiasco glad that's over. Dorman PMD now, Grey one died. Tried number 5 resister again went back to a 9 just a dog with out it.OPS sensor rewired to remove load , fuel pump totally rewired as well. Now QuadStar tuned.
I do not recommend headlights made by Winjet.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
pro51492
Clutch

I was considering doing this to my crew cab, taking the front bench with console and moving that to the rear and then installing the buckets and console out of my parts truck.

2005 VW B5 Passat Wagon TDI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in