Question: Stereo system for 1995 Suburban - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.5L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.5 GM diesel engine & associated components. Automatic transmission questions & problems belong in the 4L80/85 - 4L60E - 6L90 Transmission Forum

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ranky801
Gear Grinder

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Stereo system for 1995 Suburban

Hi, I'm 16 and just got my first car which is a black 1995 suburban 6.5 diesel engine and I was thinking about buying subs possibly audiobuhn subs and a new speakers and radio. Any ideas or recommendations for any of these I should buy? My range is up around $1,000 and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ranky801; 10-04-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
JMJNet
Diesel Legend

The Suburban Club Member

Welcome!!!

The best place for this is crutchfield.

Leroy Diesel Oil Cooler Line
4" Warpspeed Exhaust
Kennedy Diesel LP/OPS Harness
Bosch Duraterm GP
Heath Turbo-Master
AD244 Alternator
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
outalne94z71
Diesel Pro

Send a message via AIM to outalne94z71 Send a message via MSN to outalne94z71 Send a message via Yahoo to outalne94z71

Badger State Diesel Club Member

Midwest Smokers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranky801 View Post
Hi, I'm 16 and just got my first car which is a black 1995 suburban 6.5 diesel engine and I was thinking about buying subs possibly audiobuhn subs and a new speakers and radio. Any ideas or recommendations for any of these I should buy? My range is up around $1,000 and any help will be greatly appreciated.
congrats on the new ride,before you spend money on stereo stuff you need to make sure that burban will keep hauling one, has the oil cooler been upgraded and do you have a spare pmd?

being young and your first 6.5 there are many things to learn, spend lots of time reading all you can here as the 6.5 does require more more knowledge than any old gasser to keep you from being stranded somewhere.
Proud member #727 of The 3500 Dually Club
bouncingtrucks.com for the original bouncing truck avatars
98 Gmc Sierra Victory Red K3500 Crewcab SLE dually 6.5td(F) fresh 4l80e 4:10 gears fresh gm-8 turbo,3" exhaust from turbo to muffler (no cat),new crate motor with new ip , bumper relocated fsd with hucksdorf diesel heatsink.

88 chevy k2500 7200gvw(short box conversion from long),18" lift 1 ton axle swap(ford d60 with chevy outers) 14 bolt rear with disks and detroit,rather large hunk of iron to power it on gas(currently building a short deck 572), divorced 205 t-case behind a th400 and rollin on cut 44" swamper tsl front goodyear ag 21.5 x16.1 14 ply rear, straight 3" pipe from ceramic long tubes to 5" stacks to make your ears bleed, OFF ROAD USE ONLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
happyauer
Diesel Nut

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outalne94z71 View Post
congrats on the new ride,before you spend money on stereo stuff you need to make sure that burban will keep hauling one, has the oil cooler been upgraded and do you have a spare pmd?

being young and your first 6.5 there are many things to learn, spend lots of time reading all you can here as the 6.5 does require more more knowledge than any old gasser to keep you from being stranded somewhere.
As Outalne stated. Make sure the truck is in proper working order. This includes the grounds and possibly doing some of the mods. If you doing a stereo I suggest you upgrade your wiring at your batteries, starter and alternator. have your batteries load tested while your at it. These trucks rely on juice before they turn over and while they turn over. Good luck.
Badger Diesel rebuild IP
Rebuilt Bosch injectors
Green Antifreeze
5000k H.I.D lights All clear lenses with led's all the way around. NO FILAMENTS HERE!
all on headlight mod, OPS mod, battery term mod
Diamond Eye 4" turbo back and 2-1/2" crossover
2 cycle oil added at every fill up.
4.10:1 gears
OPINIONS ARE LIKE A**HOLES, EVERYONE HAS ONE AND EVERY ONE OF THEM STINKS!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
wingman98
Diesel Apprentice

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

agreed, with outlane and happyauer. Make sure it will stay reliable first. I know this is long as well as the others are too, but they are worth the read in order to make these vehicles as reliable as possible. here are some of the places to look first to know what to do to make them reliable. https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53309, https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=391426, https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42248. It would have done wonders for me had I known about this page before I bought my truck and started working on it. Good luck and enjoy.
1993 Silverado K3500 CCLB 6.5TD vin code F, Ranch hand style bumpers front and rear. outback running boards. Dual core all aluminum radiator, including tanks. each core is an inch wide. 4 inch Diamomd Eye Exhaust no muffler, 2.5 crossover pipe, snorkel taken out, A Team Turbo, 285/75-16 Michelin LTX A/T 2s

2006 Sierra 2500HD LBZ DSP5 with Duramax tuner tunes, Stage5 SunCoast by Tim Hecker, Lift pump, 5" mbrp exhaust, 3" mbrp down pipe, Stage 2 Kryptonie front end, She's my highway princess and Farm Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBurby1 View Post
but ya whacking is fine....the flange...on your truck....that is....
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesneights1 View Post
if I ever meet the SOB who invented those stupid squeeze clamps I will put 6 of them on his ballsack
I agree with this.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
sathackr
Glow Plug

Quote:
If you're anything like I was at 16 you'll ignore all these posts telling you the responsible things to do and go blow every dime you have on a stereo system Not a good idea but still what I would have done then.

Knowing what I know now, I'd pay attention to what the rest are saying. Make sure you take care of what needs to be taken care of or you'll be on the side of the road begging mom and dad or whatever parental figures are in your life for money to fix a busted truck. And you'll have to listen to them lecture you on wasting money for a stereo then begging them for it to fix the truck (been there, done that )

490k miles.
Reman DS4 RIP Resurrected! Killed it with some motor oil. Used diesel motor oil = pump murderer. Bought another reman from Pensacola Diesel.
Original DS4(Tag says 2005) RIP ResurrectedFinally killed it dead with a yummy veggie oil blend. He will be missed.

Engine, tranny, and turbo rebuilt at 400k

Running mostly on alternate "Fuels"
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
JMJNet
Diesel Legend

The Suburban Club Member

Come on guys, at least I can listen to stuff even if the truck is broken!!!
Leroy Diesel Oil Cooler Line
4" Warpspeed Exhaust
Kennedy Diesel LP/OPS Harness
Bosch Duraterm GP
Heath Turbo-Master
AD244 Alternator
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
sathackr
Glow Plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJNet View Post
Come on guys, at least I can listen to stuff even if the truck is broken!!!
of course if your truck never breaks then you can never have an excuse to be stuck somewhere remote with a girl...so a reliable truck isn't always desireable

490k miles.
Reman DS4 RIP Resurrected! Killed it with some motor oil. Used diesel motor oil = pump murderer. Bought another reman from Pensacola Diesel.
Original DS4(Tag says 2005) RIP ResurrectedFinally killed it dead with a yummy veggie oil blend. He will be missed.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ranky801
Gear Grinder

Oh everything has been check by my dad and the shop who fixed it up. It has a brand new engine in it and everything is working properly. I just need to put a new radio and speakers in and buy a sub but not quite sure what some of these rely on, such as if the subs need an amp to work properly with the radio or speakers. I'm not really good at researching that and not quite sure how to do that.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
sathackr
Glow Plug

Quote:
Oh everything has been check by my dad and the shop who fixed it up. It has a brand new engine in it and everything is working properly. I just need to put a new radio and speakers in and buy a sub but not quite sure what some of these rely on, such as if the subs need an amp to work properly with the radio or speakers. I'm not really good at researching that and not quite sure how to do that.
The stock radio isn't set up to connect anything to it. You'll definitely need an amplifier and depending on the type and brand you'll probably need a line-level converter to convert the radio output to an RCA. Or you can change out the stock radio and put in an aftermarket. All of this is pretty basic car stereo stuff, this probably isn't the best forum to ask it. I've installed a few hundred systems so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, they're just not really on topic here I don't think.

490k miles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in