DIY - High Idle - Page 6 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.5L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.5 GM diesel engine & associated components. Automatic transmission questions & problems belong in the 4L80/85 - 4L60E - 6L90 Transmission Forum

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Dave001
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for the great post. 2 questions - first, where do you get the pin connector for the end of the wire, is there a specific size that fits? Is it a solder on connector or do you buy the wire with pin already on?

Second, you say to connect to B8 or B8 or both, not sure what you meant there. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

David

(Use this one at work) '98 K3500 Crew Cab Long bed Dually - Heath Max E Tork Towing PCM, turbo-master, 4.10 gears, 4L80.

(Sold) '97 GMC Suburban 2500 4WD 6.5 L65 "F" remote PMD - 202,000 miles
Heath Max-E-Tork GLE PCM, Heath Turbo-Master, Walbro FRB-5 fuel pump, vac pump delete
4L80/85E transmission 4.10 gears 265/75-16 Firestone Transforce A/T tires, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust
2-tank wvo conversion - Boost, wvo Fuel, and wvo filter vacuum gauges on A-pillar, EGT and fuel temp below dash
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #52 (permalink)
Joe Palmer
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteK2500 View Post
Maybe if you figured a way to use a second "cargo lamp" switch to opperate the idle, you could use one of those.

I didn't want my switches somewhere people in the passenger seat would play with.

So my gf just slides over to the driver seat to play with em...
That is the first time I have heard of them being called "switches"

New wastegate solenoid, New fuel pump, New rear fuel tank, New fuel sender/pump assembly, New fuel pump solenoid, Engine shutoff solenoid, New Fuel pump solenoid driver, Replace glow plugs, New Injection Pump Remote PMD(Behind front bumper) W/heatsink, Fast idle switch, Removed Turbo noise damper, New MAP, New Tuna Can, New 4" crossover, Home made Turbo Master & Boost Gauge....New oil cooler lines. New pinion seal. Replaced engine (just ask why)

-------------------------------------
195? Chev Convertable
Powered by two 4 1/2 year old feet
(Now, if my truck had that much energy)

Life is good............The alternative sucks
Old 11-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
Green Machine
She Don't Smoke!

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Northeastern Ohio Diesel Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave001 View Post
Thanks for the great post. 2 questions - first, where do you get the pin connector for the end of the wire, is there a specific size that fits? Is it a solder on connector or do you buy the wire with pin already on?

Second, you say to connect to B8 or B8 or both, not sure what you meant there. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

David
You can go to a dealer or an online gm parts store... Part# 12089649 for the pins (I do believe that is the pin). Check out the link to kennedy diesel, it has part numbers and such as well.

Quote: "Mind over Matter - I don't mind cause you don't matter!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
WhiteK2500
Knows The 6.5

Send a message via MSN to WhiteK2500

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Palmer View Post
That is the first time I have heard of them being called "switches"
Well, hey, it turns me on does it not?

Kennedy diesel's site has the part number as Mike said, the link is at the begining of this thread... I think... I have no clue where I put the paper I had the number on, the pins I used worked, but didn't lock into the connector right, but once the blue locks are in place, it can't move.
DSG gear set, gurdle and oil cooler, ported and half assed polished heads, HE351VE turbo, 3" downpipe, 2.25" xover, 3.5" DNA muffler and a 4" weed burner exhaust, NRK High idle switch kit and K47 relocated intake & AEM filter, Royal Purple in the trans, engine, and rear diff, 4 cobalt gauges, boost, pyro, trans temp and drive pressure. -6 CAT fuel system, Carter fuel pump. Sitting high on 35" Duratracs.
Bought it with a pooched engine and rebuilt it myself! 211,000 kms on the truck, 110,000km on the rebuild, still chuggin and still screamin.
If you're not drivin it hard, you don't deserve to drive it!

Member Lucky #7 of the TLFTN Club... Loud and proud

Want to make an OBD2 high idle switch set up? Click here
Ignore the subname, I know nothing! Haha.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
Schwind

I went and got one from the junk yard. took it out of a truck the same year as mine. used a jewelers screw driver to get the pin to unhook from the connector and cut the wire about 6" long. I didn't have to worry about special crimpers or anything. just plugged it into the A6 pin (94 OBD-I)and added wire to reach to my push button switch.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Joe Palmer
Diesel Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteK2500 View Post
Well, hey, it turns me on does it not?

Ya got me there
Old 11-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Dave001
Glow Plug

Thanks guys, I see the link now and part #. Its chilly and I want to get this done!

(Use this one at work) '98 K3500 Crew Cab Long bed Dually - Heath Max E Tork Towing PCM, turbo-master, 4.10 gears, 4L80.

Heath Max-E-Tork GLE PCM, Heath Turbo-Master, Walbro FRB-5 fuel pump, vac pump delete
4L80/85E transmission 4.10 gears 265/75-16 Firestone Transforce A/T tires, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust
2-tank wvo conversion - Boost, wvo Fuel, and wvo filter vacuum gauges on A-pillar, EGT and fuel temp below dash
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
Dieseldad97
Diesel Superstar

Well, it's cold out. Why not take another look at the high idle idea huh?

My question is to the ones who did this mod. Which idle setting do you guys use the most? I'm thinking of only doing the 1070. Will that be enough to keep her warm? What do you think?

Another question regarding the pin in question. Is the #12089649 pin the correct one?

Thanks.

'05 LLY Chevy Crew LT 4x4

"Don't ask me for the answers, I only have one: That a man leaves his darkness when he follows the Son".
- Larry Norman
Old 12-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
Dave001
Glow Plug

I still haven't got it done, hope to shortly. I did stop at a GM dealer and when they looked up that part # they came up with some sort of plastic connector, not a pin. Anyone have extra pins they could sell me, or should I try an electronics store?

Old 12-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #60 (permalink)
Dieseldad97
Diesel Superstar

I'll be heading to my GM dealer looking for a few pins. See what they say regarding the part # listed.

'05 LLY Chevy Crew LT 4x4

"Don't ask me for the answers, I only have one: That a man leaves his darkness when he follows the Son".
- Larry Norman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in