DIY - High Idle - Page 15 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.5L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.5L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.5 GM diesel engine & associated components. Automatic transmission questions & problems belong in the 4L80/85 - 4L60E - 6L90 Transmission Forum

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #141 (permalink)
mxracer14
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Dealer sells them in packs of ten. $2 for a pack. I picked mine up in Lethbridge.

Airtex lift pump,
130gpm water pump, 195* t-stat,
stainless steel oil lines, all new/thicker wiring for glows plus override switch, High idle switch
Custom exhaust-turbo back with dump before axle, modified crossover-2.5",
Pyro-boost-trans temp.
315/75/16 Dunlop M/T's, 3.73,
3-Banger Buddy tune

Parts gathered for 7 inch Stacks now im debating them haha
FASS system waiting to be installed.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #142 (permalink)
Block Heater

I should say I couldn't get my high idle to work. where I would put the connector in B7 or B8 I had power. I will use a volt meter tomorrow to see what the actual power is coming from those leads off the pcm

Old 07-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #143 (permalink)
Transporter2112
Heat Sink

Now if I only knew where the PCM is in my 97 chevy Express van I'd be doing this mod Thursday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #144 (permalink)
Transporter2112
Heat Sink

my B7 already has a factory wire there

Found the PCM in the van, for future tinkerers, take out the dog house, its hung underneath the dashboard in the center of the truck from a plastic tray. loosen 2 10mm bolts and it will slide right out of the tray.

Now my issue, b7 already had a green factory wire coming out of it. I tried cutting and splicing it to the grounding switch but it had no effect, b8 worked. There was a blank pin in location b3 but it doesn't seem to do anything at all when grounded out. I read through all pages of this thread and no one else seems to have this problem. So as it stands I have one high idle setting, but not 2. Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so have you found the correct pin for the second idle setting? I can't tell what RPM i'm getting at regular idle or my one high idle setting because the van's don't have RPM gauges.

So: B7 already had a factory wire, B8 worked for a single high idle setting, B3 was blank, no wire or pin, but doesn't seem to effect idle.

thanks
Stephen
Old 04-23-2015, 10:50 PM   #145 (permalink)
mkaynorman
Diesel Fanatic

This mod can also be done using a single-deck, 4 position, 3 pole rotary switch (Sold on digikey). I've done it and it works like a charm--kinda nice to have it all-in-one.

1994 K2500 6.5L Suburban -- Completely and utterly stock (except for the couple LP relay and GP relay mods)

'03 Mustang GT w/Kenne Bell Supercharger
Old 11-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #146 (permalink)
Joe231
Freeze Plug

Just wanted to say thanks for the great write up!!

I got my switches installed and it works great, only issue I have is when I have the switch engaged for the @ 1100 RPM idle my engine doesn't run smooth, it rocks crazy like it has a miss or something, it doesn't do it at any other engine speed, anyone have any insight to this issue?
Old 07-04-2016, 07:46 PM   #147 (permalink)
Wrebit
Sparkplug Hunter

melted connector

Hi,
First, Thanks for this info.
while doing it, I noticed a connector that was melted. it's the red wire that we can see on pict.#16 in your post. it simply is a red wire coming out of the harness and going back in after this connector...
Anyone knows what it's relating to ?
Old 12-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #148 (permalink)
Boonafide
Sparkplug Hunter

Did this on my 95 OBD-1, works amazingly. Sick write up. The pictures made it simple. Thanks man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in