Diesel Place banner

Heater box gas vs diesel?

463 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RatsMC 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the heater box on an '89 square body Suburban gas truck is the same as a '91 diesel? My plastic heater box is falling apart and I was wondering if the parts are the same? Thanks.

#2 ·
Are you sure it is the heater box? My 82 has a plastic cover thing over the AC in the engine bay and that is crumbling but it doesn't really have any function.

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah I mean the plastic cover. Mine is all falling apart. I'm guessing everything is probably the same as a gas truck. Found an '89 gas Suburban in the junk yard. Thought I would grab as much of the heater components that would fit along with the rear AC unit.

#4 ·
The "cover" on my truck is a single piece that covers the firewall. I don't know how it could be replaced without a complete stripdown of everything on the firewall, the fenders and motor.

I have considered just removing the rest of the crumbling section over the AC and replacing it with some sort reflective insulation. Haven't looked too hard into it at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.