Banks turbo kit incoming - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.2L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.2L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.2 GM diesel engine & associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By trbon8r
  • 3 Post By Diaric
  • 3 Post By trbon8r

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
trbon8r
Self Ignition

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Banks turbo kit incoming

I've been saving my nickels and found a great deal on a new Banks turbo kit. I found it on Amazon for $2100 and free shipping. I'm guessing Banks must have recently stepped up their retail prices because I was shocked when all of a sudden the street prices for these kits seem to be around $2800 to $2900 from Jegs, Summit, etc. I seem to remember the Banks kits were usually around $2300 even 6 months ago. When I saw the kit for $2100 it finally pushed me over the edge to snap one up.

If you have been looking for a Banks kit and have been on the fence it might be worth looking to see if you can find one out there on the shelf somewhere before $2800-$2900 is the new norm. Let it be said I have no financial interest in Banks or anything else 6.2 related, but just wanted to post that it seems like there has been a price shift for these kits, and now might be the time to buy if you have been on the fence like I was.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bigboytoys
Diesel Veteran

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

That's a pretty good price for a brand new kit, I wish that was CAN as I'd be buying one.

90 Burb 1500 Silverado 4x4, 6.x in the shop, ATS Turbo on the bench . Open plenum intake. 700 R4 Now Rebuilt + 241, 10,000lb Trany Cooler With 10in pusher Fan and gauge. 8,000 LB Warn Multi Mount. TCC lock up control, 60 + 14b 4" Lift and 285 16's. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Quote:
Originally Posted by happypunch View Post
it would be nice if it could deflect a deer or a prius...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelli View Post
Mine ate about 6ft of paper towel once. It idled funny for a minute, then let out one big black firey fart and smoothed right out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyStepsKY View Post
My being able to set at the computer and type is evidence that my wife has not cut off both my arms and used them to beat me into a coma, so no, I did not buy it!
Post up pics of your carnage!!!! and timing ....Click Here
To bleed or find an air leak, simply, here’s a few different ways..
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/8492425-post11.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...leak-6-2l.html
https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...ht-turn-3.html
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diaric
R.I.P. Sam

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Most people wont spend that much on a turbo, that's worth more than their truck. The advantage of it, is it fits the truck without interfering with things under the hood.

They just discontinued the kit and raised the price a fortune but that's the Banks way. They make a good product, but their pricing is always crazy and theirs no such thing as sales on their products, or you loose your dealership. Your also best to buy from Banks as their warranty wont cover you bought from a dealer.
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FAQ's AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
trbon8r
Self Ignition

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I'm not a master fabricator and my time to hunt and scrounge for parts is limited. For my money I think it will be well worth the money to buy something off the shelf and ready to bolt on.

Yes this kit is worth as much as my truck. But the way I look at it, if I spend $20k restoring this truck to excellent condition and drive it for the next 15 years, I'm better off than spending $60k and ending up with a huge payment on a new truck. Besides in the end unless it is something special or collectible, all trucks end up being worth nothing in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in