A little trouble with the 6.2 this morning - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums
 
Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.2L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.2L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.2 GM diesel engine & associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hawkstrong
Diesel Boss
 
Hawkstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Watsontown PA
Posts: 1,188
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Diaric wins thread derailment......

__________________
Blue 1990 GMC K2500 Camper Special, 6.2L "J" code TH400 NV4500 5spd. 243,000 miles - Resting in pieces in truck heaven

White 1988 GMC Jimmy. 6.2L "C" Code 700R4. 64,000 miles.
Got stolen and rolled.....Will be greatly missed

Blue 1992 Chevy K2500 Ext. Cab Long box. 454/4L80E Mechanical 6.5 GM-1 turbo w/turbo master. 4L80E NV4500 5 spd

Blue 1985 Chevy K10 Regular Cab Long box. 305 SM465 4spd Possible 6.2 swap..
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
High Sierra 2500
Diesel Mythbuster
 
High Sierra 2500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 6,412
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.






*Hides in corner and hopes to not get hit with some sort of disciplinary action*


Seriously though, sounds like air or a lack of fuel pressure. Pretty typical clogged fuel filter symptoms... Maybe you got a bad load of fuel. My first test would be fuel filter on this one. That's just seat of the pants, but I've clogged lots of fuel filters and that's about how it goes.

__________________
1996 gmc suburban 6.5 diesel 2500 leather etc etc 225k miles and counting

2000 K1500 Silverado Z71 ext cab short box 5.3 gas. 320,000 miles and counting Sold at 325k miles

1927 Ford Model T pickup. Bone stock 22 hp 4 cylinder. Driven to work on a regular basis...
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Diaric
Administrator
Spam Assassin
R.I.P. Sam
 
Diaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bentley , Alberta
Posts: 32,095
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
Thanks John, new sig quote.

I'd check the lift pump first for supply, then change the filters. agree with others, its probably one of these or a real bad air leak
__________________
1987 6.2l Jimmy , being restored,4" lift, 35 mudders 1993 W350 5.9 , custom stretched cab, duelly flatdeck
2001 VW TDI Jetta 4 door loaded 2001 VW TDI Golf 2 door swapped engine project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FAQ's AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
 
legendman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakdale, CT
Posts: 9,474
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

CT Smoke Member

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Yep he nailed that one
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaric View Post
What your saying happened, should never be able to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackzed View Post
I put a chevrolet tailgate on my last truck and it started acting like a girl...love me, need me, want me pay attention to me. Took it off and put the GMC back on (fixed the latch) and it went back to being the same old dirty bastard it used to be
~ Bob

1999 Chevrolet K2500 5.7L Auto
2006 Jetta TDI 5sp
2002 Golf TDi 4dr 5sp
2000 Golf TDi 2dr 5sp

Do yourself a favor and read the 6.2 Diesel Student Training Manual ... lots of good info...it's in PDF format located here >> PDF Manuals
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
upanchor
Low Boost
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Grew up in VT; flipping betw. ME and FL these days
Posts: 9
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hello threaders! I am not likely to do this but I've wondered when I see a souped-up diesel pickup truck ....how much do those twin stacks in the air cost? And if you got it exhaling like that - there must be a lot more to it than what meets the eye ??? Merely curious, is all...
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
legendman
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
 
legendman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oakdale, CT
Posts: 9,474
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

CT Smoke Member

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upanchor View Post
Hello threaders! I am not likely to do this but I've wondered when I see a souped-up diesel pickup truck ....how much do those twin stacks in the air cost? And if you got it exhaling like that - there must be a lot more to it than what meets the eye ??? Merely curious, is all...
Depends on how you do it, if you can weld, couples pieces of pipe a few elbows and some clamps. Cheap

Chrome kits are big money
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaric View Post
What your saying happened, should never be able to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackzed View Post
I put a chevrolet tailgate on my last truck and it started acting like a girl...love me, need me, want me pay attention to me. Took it off and put the GMC back on (fixed the latch) and it went back to being the same old dirty bastard it used to be
~ Bob

1999 Chevrolet K2500 5.7L Auto
2006 Jetta TDI 5sp
2002 Golf TDi 4dr 5sp
2000 Golf TDi 2dr 5sp

Do yourself a favor and read the 6.2 Diesel Student Training Manual ... lots of good info...it's in PDF format located here >> PDF Manuals
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Diaric
Administrator
Spam Assassin
R.I.P. Sam
 
Diaric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bentley , Alberta
Posts: 32,095
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upanchor View Post
....how much do those twin stacks in the air cost? Merely curious, is all...
That would depend if it was a kit or made from scrap out of the metal bin, wouldn't it?
__________________
1987 6.2l Jimmy , being restored,4" lift, 35 mudders 1993 W350 5.9 , custom stretched cab, duelly flatdeck
2001 VW TDI Jetta 4 door loaded 2001 VW TDI Golf 2 door swapped engine project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4320diesel View Post
well to make your pump retarded, you could let it hang out with me for a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstrong View Post
Diaric wins thread derailment......
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Sierra 2500 View Post
Yeah Diaric, I gotta say, I'm afraid I'm going to have to give you an official warning on that.
6.2 FAQ's AND ANSWERS Click Here
My Restoration Thread Click Here
Alberta Coal Roller Member #2
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bad morning Silverstreak82 Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY) 9 09-15-2009 11:38 AM
The morning after :( 6.5silverado Off Topic 20 11-04-2008 10:06 PM
Morning All DmaxHawk Off Topic 12 02-14-2008 08:17 PM
I like it in the morning. Gray Gmax Off Topic 23 01-16-2007 02:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
© AutoGuide