Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   air in fuel when making right turn. (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/444896-air-fuel-when-making-right-turn.html)

smackzed 02-21-2012 08:15 PM

Hey turbos, I asked the guy with the rougher crew cab how much he'd want for the truck without the motor. He said $1400 but he'd go down I'm sure. I don't know what you're looking to spend but it needs a rear windshield and a front window that he was replacing. If you offered him an as is where is price I'm sure he'd bargain. Cab really doesn't look bad at all if you have an interior. Pm me if you're interested and I can talk with him.

legendman 02-21-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackzed (Post 4519219)
So I went home and looked on=line. Nothing, looked further a field and WHOA. A srw 1 ton crew cab with 6.2 that I had wanted to buy last year was back up for sale. Every month or so i look at the classifieds in this town to see if it's back and it was just posted late last night.

240 000 kms,/150000 miles, body looks mint and the interior is gorgeous. Going to take a look tomorrow evening. Asking price is a little more than the other but still within reason. (oh and the guy said he bought a new truck and needs the room in his driveway, can anyone say bargaining chip)I'm freaking out

Fingers crossed :D Hope you can score it.

Trying to score a dually crew cab myself, got my eye on one but the hasn't called me back.

smackzed 02-22-2012 09:45 PM

Took a look, it's a beauty. Only rust I could see was 2 small holes in the wheel wells. Both bench seats are perfect with no tears anywhere. the doors close with barely any effort and the dash is near perfect also. Oh and it has a radio! I got it but paid full price, the guy is a truck driver and just left for Calgary and his wife said he was pretty firm but if I wanted to wait till he got back I could talk to him then. I don't have the time. Truck started right up no problems but there was a bit of smoke from the tail pipes. The injectors looked real old so I'm hoping it's either them or maybe it needs to be advanced a bit. If I need to put my IP from my parked truck so be it. I can't see it being compression how easy it started.

Pretty stoked.

legendman 02-22-2012 10:51 PM

:coolnana::bling::nopics::beerchug::bounce: :drinking: :drool::Get_him::hail::HiHi::RockOn::smoke2: :thumb::thumb::clap: :chicken: :drink::notworthy: :shots: :gray:

turbonator 02-22-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 4520349)
:coolnana::bling::nopics::beerchug::bounce: :drinking: :drool::get_him::hail::hihi::rockon::smoke2: :thumb::thumb::clap: :chicken: :drink::notworthy: :shots: :gray:

x2.....:pimp::canada:

Diaric 02-22-2012 11:51 PM

glad to hear your still in the 6.2 family Sean, without having to do a swap

smackzed 02-23-2012 06:06 PM

yeah, I'm glad too. I've been driving my father in laws 1500 the last week and pulling up to the gas bar and putting that puny little hose in the tank just seems weird. I'm picking up the truck on Sat so I'll post what I can. If anyone wants to PM me directions on how to post pics that would be awesome. And remember I am totally computer illiterate

Hawkstrong 02-23-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 4520349)
:coolnana::bling::nopics::beerchug::bounce: :drinking: :drool::Get_him::hail::HiHi::RockOn::smoke2: :thumb::thumb::clap: :chicken: :drink::notworthy: :shots: :gray:

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonator (Post 4520358)
x2.....:pimp::canada:

x3, 4 and 5

smackzed 02-25-2012 07:55 PM

Well she's in the driveway, and sticking into the sidewalk to boot. She is so clean it's almost unbelievable. Don't worry tho I'll take care of that soon. I drove about 200kms today, 120miles and it was pretty good. Everything is tight. Only real problem was that it never got up to full heat and there wasn't a lot of heat coming out of the heater. New t-stat coming soon. Pix to come tomorrow. Oh, did i mention, not only does it have a radio, it has a CD player. I own a CD...I think

smackzed 02-25-2012 08:29 PM

Oh, I didn't really see it the other night especially since I had the hood up most of the time but there is some peeling clear coat on the hood. Doesn't bother me too much, but if anyone has an easy fix, I'd love to hear it.