Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   air in fuel when making right turn. (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/444896-air-fuel-when-making-right-turn.html)

Diaric 02-16-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonator (Post 4515090)
so if you happen across a 4 dr that is motorless, or differentialless, or just in general bad shape, but otherwise complete, let us know...LOL

still lots out here :rolleyes:

legendman 02-16-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaric (Post 4515107)
still lots out here :rolleyes:

Yea I'm looking for one to 6.2 and slam

turbonator 02-16-2012 11:01 PM

When you have more details on the truck let us know Sean..... when we finally do the swap, together, a big congrats will be in order. Just think, FFFD (family friendly four-door)....2-weekends, swap done....

legendman 02-16-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonator (Post 4515142)
W...2-weekends, swap done....

:eek: 2 weekends??? You guys getting slow eating all that cake:D

Bigboytoys 02-17-2012 12:46 AM

Well some of us are in the same boat as you.

I got a boat load of king kong parts and it's the pieces that go in between that are holding me up. There's a 60 front and a rear sitting next to each other on the shop floor for a Detroit swap with the 14B sitting in a snow bank. The 465 and 205, the 2wd steering box, steering ram, enough drive shafts and pieces, twin stick shift rails are also collecting dust in the shop also. Sheet metal and materiel for rock sliders are being used for coat rack's.

At the moment the cross over steering and the new front and rear hangers are the hold up due to karmic luck around the ranch but she will get put back together.

So don't give up we are all in the same boat, "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess"

smackzed 02-17-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonator (Post 4515142)
When you have more details on the truck let us know Sean..... when we finally do the swap, together, a big congrats will be in order. Just think, FFFD (family friendly four-door)....2-weekends, swap done....

I was hoping you guys might offer to help.

Yeah the family friendly part is huge, as is having somewhere to keep stuff dry. I'm already thinking of an across the floor tool box since the kids legs are still pretty short. The only thing I'm not real crazy about is feeding a 350, probably carbed.

smackzed 02-17-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbonator (Post 4515090)
well, if you are lookin to get rid of the motor, think of us, although i would be swappin it in a heartbeat, and scappin the gasser.... we are still on the prowl for a 4 door too.... got 2 dually diffs here to swap in and i can get a box with the dually fenders for 200.00... so if you happen across a 4 dr that is motorless, or differentialless, or just in general bad shape, but otherwise complete, let us know...LOL

I'll keep you guys in mind. I'm assuming your looking at less than $500?

koots 02-17-2012 11:45 AM

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. If I hadn't have wasted all my money on this K5, then having it break on me, I would have had about 6 months on my "new" car or truck by now.

Luckily I have understanding parents (let me use their 09 sierra for a while), now i've got my work truck in my possession. I still want my Jimmy back though, the other trucks are nice but they can't compare to a flexy, lifted K5 with a bed behind the front seats :D

turbonator 02-21-2012 09:06 AM

The ideal for us Sean, is we come to your place, pull all the needed pieces off your 6.2L truck. Turn around, come home, and prep all the pieces...clean, paint, seals, gaskets, etc... Then a couple weekends later you come and visit.....we figure should have everything swapped in and ready to go in a weekend....granted we aren't eating cake and cookies all the time that is....:D

We all know the economic benefits of the 6.2L, as compared to the gasser. You already have a good motor for a swap, we figure use it. We have other pieces here too, and usually for us to focus on someone else's project we need them here poking us with a stick....:) (nugg, nugg, hint, hint...).

smackzed 02-21-2012 07:47 PM

A little disappointed today. Went to look at the crew cab and it wasn't quite the "frame up resto with a bit of a bad box" I was told it was. While the cab itself was pretty good and the doors opened and shut really nice (really nice) there was some rust on the door skins and the interior was ROUGH. The front seat was torn to $hit, the rear seat torn but not near as bad, the dash was badly cracked and the stereo was hacked in. The good was that it had a full floater 14 bolt rear axle and the front end looked not bad. Then i was talking to a guy who knew the seller well and said it had a 700r4 which was the 3rd or 4th in 9 years and that the seller was hard on his vehicles. I figure the truck is worth maybe $1200 with a running good 350. i don't think he'd sell for that price.

So I went home and looked on=line. Nothing, looked further a field and WHOA. A srw 1 ton crew cab with 6.2 that I had wanted to buy last year was back up for sale. Every month or so i look at the classifieds in this town to see if it's back and it was just posted late last night.

240 000 kms,/150000 miles, body looks mint and the interior is gorgeous. Going to take a look tomorrow evening. Asking price is a little more than the other but still within reason. (oh and the guy said he bought a new truck and needs the room in his driveway, can anyone say bargaining chip)I'm freaking out