Diesel Place banner

air in fuel when making right turn.

18K views 112 replies 17 participants last post by  akalnoski 
#1 ·
Just some research since I won't be able to take a real serious look at anything for a while.

When I make a hard right turn at low acceleration, I get a sudden increase in acceleration, just like air in the fuel. that is the only time it does it though. If I have to slow down after making the turn the idle is rough for a few secs then everything smooths out. It doesn't do it any other time. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. During daylight tomorrow I'm going to try and crank the wheel and see if I can see anything but until I can spend some time on it that's all I;ll really be able to do.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Sean

#75 ·
:coolnana::bling::nopics::beerchug::bounce: :drinking: :drool::get_him::hail::hihi::rockon::smoke2: :thumb::thumb::clap: :chicken: :drink::notworthy: :shots: :gray:
x2.....:pimp::canada:

#76 ·
glad to hear your still in the 6.2 family Sean, without having to do a swap

#77 ·
yeah, I'm glad too. I've been driving my father in laws 1500 the last week and pulling up to the gas bar and putting that puny little hose in the tank just seems weird. I'm picking up the truck on Sat so I'll post what I can. If anyone wants to PM me directions on how to post pics that would be awesome. And remember I am totally computer illiterate

#79 · (Edited)
Well she's in the driveway, and sticking into the sidewalk to boot. She is so clean it's almost unbelievable. Don't worry tho I'll take care of that soon. I drove about 200kms today, 120miles and it was pretty good. Everything is tight. Only real problem was that it never got up to full heat and there wasn't a lot of heat coming out of the heater. New t-stat coming soon. Pix to come tomorrow. Oh, did i mention, not only does it have a radio, it has a CD player. I own a CD...I think

#80 ·
Oh, I didn't really see it the other night especially since I had the hood up most of the time but there is some peeling clear coat on the hood. Doesn't bother me too much, but if anyone has an easy fix, I'd love to hear it.

#82 ·
Carefully scrape the loose stuff off, scuff with 400 then 600 and re shoot her or just leave it, hot rod guys are spending big buck for fake patina and your getting it for free!

#86 · (Edited)
pics

did it work? I got 1 attached, I'll try others.

Did this work?

I don't know what I'm doing. I have a photobucket album but don't know how to attach. Any one?

Attachments

#87 ·
did it work? I got 1 attached, I'll try others.

Did this work?

I don't know what I'm doing. I have a photobucket album but don't know how to attach. Any one?

If its a pic of the dash then it worked, more more more:D

#88 ·
this is weird

#90 · (Edited)

#91 · (Edited)
Ok that's as much as I can figure out to do today. I ended up just erasing the numbers and putting in different ones in the paste cause it kept coming up the same. I'll try taking more pix with less glare and maybe try to figure out this picture posting stuff

You can see the 2 cracks in the dash. not perfect but about the best I've seen. The seat has 2 small tears, seperations really. It looks like theres a tear in that pic of the seat but it's a wrinkle. 2 new 875 cca batteries, what looks like a new brake master cylinder (the brakes are real firm but not grabby) and 4 near new tires. I would guess they have about 5000kms, 3000miles. My wife and kids even said she thought it was nice. now that's impressive.

#93 ·
Thanks legend. It is very close to my dream truck. If it was 3 years younger it would be e-test exempt and it would be better with a standard, but I really can't complain. Cleanest most rust free truck I've ever owned

#94 ·
That looks really good Sean, I think I already see a baby-seat in the back.....dual purpose, tough enough to work, large enough for the family. Real clean all around, nice truck:thumb:

#95 ·
Exactly the reason I've wanted a 3+3. Definitly not for the parrallel parking abilities. I was trying to back into a parking space yesterday, and it wasn't going to be easy. That extra 3' makes a difference. This is going to take some figuring, or parking space hunting. The kids were pretty happy to be driving in it yesterday, at least as happy as in my wifes malibu. Also great for keeping tools in and locked up when not in use.

#96 ·
I think it may be time for a "new truck" thread. With LOTS and LOTs of pics!

That is a good looking truck!

#97 ·
Yeah I could do that.

#99 ·
Precisely. That's why i didn't dicker about the price. i may have been able to get them down a few hundred but i may also have lost it. I missed out last year, I wasn't going to again. Looking at the vehicle history package, besides the guys I bought it from and a few dealers who owned it for a few months as trade in, each owner has had it close to 5 years and one for over 10. Right now I know of 2 other 3+3's for sale, both with 350's both in not in near as good shape and both about the same price I paid. I got everything I wanted.

#100 ·
Perhaps an old rag that was placed in the filler tube to take the place of a fuel cap. A buddy of mine had a similar problem with is truck. The rag would cover the pick up tube & cause fuel starvation. Just a suggestion, without reading the entire thread. It's late, & almost bedtime, not enough time for me to read the entire thread tonight.

#104 ·
No rags used. Turned out to be a pretty massive unsolvable air leak. The 2 possible culprits were the lines going into the tank (I could see quite a bit of them and they "looked" fine) or the fuel filter. I never found out the exact source because I junked the truck.

As for the air muffler (the water separator is actually the thing beside the rad I think) I doubt you'd be able to get it anywhere but a wreckers. Well maybe from the turbo boys

#101 · (Edited)
In this pic here, http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q517/smackzed/DSC00749.jpg Foun don Page 10 of this thread, Where does one acquire that big black thing that looks like a muffler. The cold air intake thingy. Mine is missing that, & as a result, my air filter is sucking up massive amounts of oil, dirt, & grime, right on the hole where that piece should be connected to. I checked ALL the local junk yards, & no one has them

#103 ·
We'll have a look in our stock here, not sure if we have one left now, but maybe....

#107 ·
IF by chance you do have one, How much would it take to purchase it, & have it shipped to Washington State, zip code 98022?

#105 ·
If your swinging by Manitoba Canada ya can have one of the couple I got in the junk yard cause they're not worth shipping.

#106 ·
Although I appreciate the offer, I'm 3469.54 miles away from there, & don't think I will be in/near that are in the foreseeable future.

#108 ·
Ummm, you do realize Turbanator is almost 2 provinces farther east of me...

I'd phone around to the local bone yards but I have to ask, why do you want it? Almost all of us have chucked it cause it's a restriction.

#110 ·
It's a restriction!........................I didn't realize that. I figured it would act like in improvement by forcing the air into the breather. Now that I know it's a restriction, I'm NO longer interested in one of them. I was thinking it would be like an upgraded cold air intake, since I don't have anything on there now.

#111 ·
Build it outa what ever ya can find at the hardware store, bone yard.....just get air to that motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.