Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   Craiglist ads that we all want to buy (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/443243-craiglist-ads-we-all-want-buy.html)

Bigboytoys 09-17-2019 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha kinda figured you were pointing to the Hut Truck syndrome!!

Ya I'm an ex class 1, A for you guys, who pulled all sorts of stuff including some insane off road only over width triple log trailers, in the 300K range depending on what come off the feller that day.

Attachment 621730

Not me but the basic idea

I was even thrown outa the US for inter-stating cause I really likes a cheap breakfast ...

Dahm I wish the dually was up here cause it looks absolutely rust free & cheap, I can deal with slow even though I have a baul'r of a puller.

:bigglasse

jnlperformance 09-17-2019 11:12 PM

:confuzeld

I'm just passing thru. Like always. Here. There. Everywhere. :coffee:

Bigboys... hauling logs takes [email protected]$ OF STEEL! Hats off to you sir. I had a job offer at one point. Did it for a day or two... muddy dirt roads.. 200+k... sheer dropoffs...twisty windy narrow mountain roads... worst conditions imaginable... yikes.

Again.. hats off to you there sir! No $#!+

legendman 09-18-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigboytoys (Post 9848784)
Ha ha kinda figured you were pointing to the Hut Truck syndrome!!

Ya I'm an ex class 1, A for you guys, who pulled all sorts of stuff including some insane off road only over width triple log trailers, in the 300K range depending on what come off the feller that day.

Attachment 621730

Not me but the basic idea

I was even thrown outa the US for inter-stating cause I really likes a cheap breakfast ...

Dahm I wish the dually was up here cause it looks absolutely rust free & cheap, I can deal with slow even though I have a baul'r of a puller.

That's a big ole DM series (I think) used to drive a DM600 dump back in the day. I stalled it once dumping a load of top soil and it starting running backwards, smoke was coming out the air cleaner, freaked me right out.

legendman 09-18-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 9848430)
On Farcebook

This thing is clean,

At least he's being honest,

$4,750

• About This Vehicle
    • Driven 200,000 miles
    • Automatic transmission

Seller's Description
Truck has tons of new parts ranging from battery, fuel lines, fuel tank, fuel modulator, pmd relocation, ac serviced, new injectors, glow plugs and more. Runs good, reliable, just a dog of a diesel these Detroitís, not a race truck by any means! Clean title ver nice looking truck with leather interior and all power options

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...15&oe=5DF39656

Sold, which is good, now I can stop thinking about it.

jnlperformance 09-19-2019 07:37 AM

Lol the temptation was REAL!

joeq 09-19-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 9848918)
Sold, which is good, now I can stop thinking about it.

I know the feeling Bob. Congrats. :thumb:

Bigboytoys 09-19-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 9848904)
That's a big ole DM series (I think) used to drive a DM600 dump back in the day. I stalled it once dumping a load of top soil and it starting running backwards, smoke was coming out the air cleaner, freaked me right out.

Ha ha ha yup gata love those Mack's!!

We ran 2 White's with H&M front axle and a MAN. Each one had 2x100lb propane tanks on the back.

Ya, back when it was still an adventure time in life ...

joeq 09-19-2019 11:30 PM

My father worked for Mack as a mechanic, (the Boston Division) from mid 50s, to mid 60s, when the plant closed. I remember in my school days, a few trucks showing up in our yard for some minor work. I have a soft spot for the B models, specifically the B-61s, and B-81s. I've been looking for local antique truck shows, to bring back some good memories. I heard Springfield Ma has had them, but haven't been able to catch one. Kudos to the drivers of them old rigs.
(A small piece of memorandum, from our garage.)
https://i1206.photobucket.com/albums...pscysqjvmg.jpg

legendman 09-20-2019 09:35 AM

There is a place in Canterbury, CT call the Hall of Fame Truck Museum.
I have been there a few times, first time I went they had about 30 of B model Macks, last time I went they were all gone,

Here is a good video

joeq 09-20-2019 06:52 PM

Was it the Mack museum of the past, Bob? I thought I heard there was one here years ago, but now it's in Pa. Thanks for the tip, and video. (no sound tho?)
P.S. Why did my post above turn out to be Green Giant size? Is it something from PB?