Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   Craiglist ads that we all want to buy (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/443243-craiglist-ads-we-all-want-buy.html)

legendman 02-17-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCDiesel (Post 5761242)
1982 Chevy K-5 Blazer Diesel


Just called this guy, he was super honest and tried talking me out of buying it. He said that mice have been in it. Sounds like just a small infestation to me. Headliner down, no radiator, rear window doesnt go down, exhaust is good, frame is good, interiors very nice, 700 trans. in it. He said he bought it "some years ago" from a guy who was driving it when the motor went. This previous owner bought a motor but didn't want to tackle it. The current owner said he never got around to it. Also he said he thinks it has been rolled before. He said there is some cracking on the roof where it looks like body filler. He offered to send any pictures that I want. Says he can lift it up and take undercarriage pictures too. He hasnt parted anything yet. Not worth 800 with my fuel cost to get it. Anybody in our group near this thing that could look at it for me? I want to drive from Minnesota on Wednesday morning to pick it up. Any opinions? I never had a blazer so anything else I might want to know? I don't think this is the one but if I can lock in a lower price maybe I will grab it.

I can tell ya this, short of removing every interior piece and cleaning it all you will never get rid of the mice smell, my 84 K20 was invested and I found nest in all the heater ducts, in the doors and up under the seat.
I left the windows cracked a bit to let air in and cleaned as much as I could but it wasn't until I started taking it apart I realized how bad it was.

At least that guy was honest about it though, shame too cause it looks to be in good shape and a fairly decent price.

JCDiesel 02-17-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 5761458)
I can tell ya this, short of removing every interior piece and cleaning it all you will never get rid of the mice smell, my 84 K20 was invested and I found nest in all the heater ducts, in the doors and up under the seat.
I left the windows cracked a bit to let air in and cleaned as much as I could but it wasn't until I started taking it apart I realized how bad it was.

At least that guy was honest about it though, shame too cause it looks to be in good shape and a fairly decent price.

Copy that. My park ave had it bad. Under the rear seat and on top of the rear wheel wells in the trunk. I got new carpet, pulled the seats and panels even bleach scrubbed the trunk and repainted it. Hot summer day you can still smell it a bit.

roadhog0 02-17-2014 11:12 PM

Im still getting wiffs of mice a year later after one of those ****ers died in my heater box... I got him out over a year ago and he's there sometimes now...

boothybunch 02-18-2014 03:51 AM

those little furrly fookers get everywhere.

i can remember two vehicles i had to repair years ago. one was a glass fibre body car and one was an old v6 suzuki jeep style off roader.

the glass fibre car i jacked up at the front until the rear skirt touched the ground, sprayed neat bleach inside and then hit it with the steam cleaner.

the suzuki, as I towed it away, you could see the little furry fookers bailing and jumping out the car as we drove away.

c20elephant 02-18-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadhog0 (Post 5761834)
Im still getting wiffs of mice a year later after one of those ****ers died in my heater box... I got him out over a year ago and he's there sometimes now...

If you can find access to an ozone machine and run it for about a day with a little air circulation while running it will take care of the organic "stuff" left behind from the dead mouse. Worked with a guy years ago that had an environmental company, he would take care of the tough cases in rental cars, tough cases meaning bodies left in cars. It took a number of days for this type of contamination but he said it always was successful.

We still use them in houses after a fire when unoccupied as ozone is a lung irritant and extensive exposure can damage your lungs in high concentrations, simple terms, it destroys organic tissue.

happypunch 02-18-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c20elephant (Post 5762722)
he would take care of the tough cases in rental cars, tough cases meaning bodies left in cars. It took a number of days for this type of contamination but he said it always was successful.

Now that sounds like an awful job!

JCDiesel 02-18-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c20elephant (Post 5762722)
If you can find access to an ozone machine and run it for about a day with a little air circulation while running it will take care of the organic "stuff" left behind from the dead mouse. Worked with a guy years ago that had an environmental company, he would take care of the tough cases in rental cars, tough cases meaning bodies left in cars. It took a number of days for this type of contamination but he said it always was successful.

We still use them in houses after a fire when unoccupied as ozone is a lung irritant and extensive exposure can damage your lungs in high concentrations, simple terms, it destroys organic tissue.

Ya a friend of mine said his uncle has one and he called it a ionizing machine or something similar. He kept saying I should have used it on a flood car I fixed up. Never used it though. :think:

Freddyack 02-19-2014 08:25 AM

Here are a couple, or more:

Chevy 6.2L diesel 4x4

CHEVY CC DUALLY WITH CUMMINS DIESEL POWER

chevy gmc sierra sl diesel

Freddyack 02-19-2014 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And this one that I cant get the link to work: [url=http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4289255686.html] ..."but does not run I bought it this way and don't know what is wrong with the engine" :wtf:

mccr 02-19-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddyack (Post 5767986)
And this one that I cant get the link to work: [url=http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4289255686.html] ..."but does not run I bought it this way and don't know what is wrong with the engine" :wtf:

Post up what its doing, maybe someone here can help. Its a clean looking truck.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
© AutoGuide