Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   Craiglist ads that we all want to buy (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/443243-craiglist-ads-we-all-want-buy.html)

turbovanman 10-06-2014 11:58 PM

We have a current smog testing program until Dec31 then all bets are off. F'in sucks. :(

smackzed 10-07-2014 07:55 AM

Turbo..chances are you'll follow Ont. We had a sniff test but went to a computer check test a few years ago, but only OBDII and newer, so anything with an OBDI or no computer got a visual test

turbovanman 10-07-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackzed (Post 6564834)
Turbo..chances are you'll follow Ont. We had a sniff test but went to a computer check test a few years ago, but only OBDII and newer, so anything with an OBDI or no computer got a visual test

We did, 97 and older got a driving sniff test, 98+ got an OBD check. Then our POS Government felt guilty having both hands and feet in our pockets so they eliminated the program saying its a burden on tax payers. Didn't think breathing clean air was a burden? :confuzeld Either way, its going go make a few shops close, many will be laying off mechanics, might be the straw the broke the camels back for me, and of course, cars are going to be even worsely maintained and welcome back oil burners, not the diesel kinds, Censored They said no new programs will replace it, again, too much burden on the taxpayer. :wtf:
Rant off.

Tom S. 10-07-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbovanman (Post 6565826)
Then our POS Government felt guilty having both hands and feet in our pockets so they eliminated the program saying its a burden on tax payers.

That is universal government speak (I don't care what country you live in) for: "We weren't getting enough money from this so we're going to drop it and try something else.". :HiHi:

And no, I am not turning this into a political thread!!

boothybunch 10-07-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom S. (Post 6566770)
That is universal government speak (I don't care what country you live in) for: "We weren't getting enough money from this so we're going to drop it and try something else.". :HiHi:

At least they drop it over there. Over here they would just add something else to it :eek: and double the cost

turbovanman 10-07-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom S. (Post 6566770)

In this case, the Government didn't have a hand in it, it was privately run and had to be self sufficient, which it was. We asked for another program, IE annual inspections and they said nope, taxpayer burden. WTF? :banghead:

JCDiesel 10-08-2014 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
1982 Chevy Suburban 4x4 Diesel

floyd400 10-08-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCDiesel (Post 6569450)

I want to click "like" more than once for this post :thumb:

That Suburban is perfect, I want it!!

happypunch 10-08-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd400 (Post 6569938)
That Suburban is perfect

Well maybe after fixing the tire... :rolleyes:

That headliner looks like mine used to. I was surprised how easy it was to redo it with a headliner kit. the company even mailed me samples so I could match it perfectly. I drove around for years without being able to look out most of the back windows... :Insane:

Tom S. 10-08-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd400 (Post 6569938)
I want to click "like" more than once for this post :thumb:

That Suburban is perfect, I want it!!

That fact that it has a good tailgate and the window in it still works almost makes it worth the price on its' own! :HiHi: