Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   6.2L Diesel Engine (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/)
-   -   Craiglist ads that we all want to buy (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/20-6-2l-diesel-engine/443243-craiglist-ads-we-all-want-buy.html)

Landmine 04-08-2012 07:32 PM

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/2946570864.html
4.3 L diesel v6 for 150!!!

Somebody save this!! What could i put it into? chevy bellhousing pattern?

legendman 04-08-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landmine (Post 4553070)
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/2946570864.html
4.3 L diesel v6 for 150!!!

Somebody save this!! What could i put it into? chevy bellhousing pattern?

Would be cool to put in a S-10

Hawkstrong 04-08-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landmine (Post 4553070)
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pts/2946570864.html
4.3 L diesel v6 for 150!!!

Somebody save this!! What could i put it into? chevy bellhousing pattern?

If that weren't so far away from me!!! That would be perfect to swap in to my Toyota 4x4 pickup!

happypunch 04-08-2012 08:05 PM

is that 4.3 diesel any good? i honestly dont know a thing about them. or was it a gas engine converted to diesel?

i know a guy who had an old chevy gas engine that he had shipped up to canada to be converted to a diesel. what a hunk of crap that turned out to be. but the sad thing is, if it wasnt 400 miles away, i would have bought it from him, he offered the suburban to me a couple years back for $200!

happypunch 04-08-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkstrong (Post 4553089)
If that weren't so far away from me!!! That would be perfect to swap in to my Toyota 4x4 pickup!

I would LOVE to have a toyota hilux!!! wonder if they can be imported to the U.S. or if they are too awesome for us here?

lt1fire 04-08-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happypunch (Post 4553096)
I would LOVE to have a toyota hilux!!! wonder if they can be imported to the U.S. or if they are too awesome for us here?

Anything over 25 years old can.

happypunch 04-08-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt1fire (Post 4553102)
Anything over 25 years old can.

i've just done a bunch of reading on the subject (but you know how trustworthy internet info can be...) and it seems darn near impossible because they dont meet the U.S. emission standards and other things like poor safety glass.


are they serious? that the U.S. emission standards are higher than those in europe or japan? i kinda have a hard time believing that. just wish toyota would sell it here. but of course like any company, they are going to sell to the biggest market and thats gas engines here. thats also another reason why chevy wont put the 4.5l dmax into its 1/2 tons because it would take away from sales in the heavy duty division...

how great would it be to have an option to buy an s-10 or 1/2 ton with a smaller diesel engine? my stupid 98 blazer with the 4.3 v6 is averaging 15 mpg with mixed driving. that is crap!!!!!!

oh, well. my rant is now over :rolleyes:

Landmine 04-08-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkstrong (Post 4553089)
If that weren't so far away from me!!! That would be perfect to swap in to my Toyota 4x4 pickup!

I'll buy it and hold it if your serious... i have only heard good things about the 4.3 v6, especially compared to the 5.7 diesel

It just seems like too good a deal to pass up, ill try and find time to check it out

Hawkstrong 04-08-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landmine (Post 4553109)
I'll buy it and hold it if your serious... i have only heard good things about the 4.3 v6, especially compared to the 5.7 diesel

It just seems like too good a deal to pass up, ill try and find time to check it out

For $150 you can't really go wrong here. If you can find out some more info on it and PM me that would be awesome

My Yota with a 4.3 Diesel and SM465 w/ a range selector in front of it.. Helllllll Yeaaaahhhh!!! lol

Landmine 04-08-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkstrong (Post 4553122)
SM465 w/ a range selector in front of it.. Helllllll Yeaaaahhhh!!! lol

My dream transmission.....
I will give the guy a call and then PM you


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
© AutoGuide